Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

YIKES! AAHHH!!

adgilbert81
adgilbert81 Posts: 3
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
So, I've been doing this one week... not long by any stretch of the imagination, but I really thought I was doing OK. Maybe went over my calories by 10 or 20 a couple of times, but overall I was doing well. Then WHAM! came today... I feel like I just binged all day long. Even though I'm only at 1674 calories today, (which I'm sure is well under what I used to eat) I'm still over my daily limit of 1200, and I feel like poo!!! :( It will take me FOREVER to exercise off those extra 474 calories! I was doing so well! Any thoughts, advice or words of inspiration???

Replies

• So, I've been doing this one week... not long by any stretch of the imagination, but I really thought I was doing OK. Maybe went over my calories by 10 or 20 a couple of times, but overall I was doing well. Then WHAM! came today... I feel like I just binged all day long. Even though I'm only at 1674 calories today, (which I'm sure is well under what I used to eat) I'm still over my daily limit of 1200, and I feel like poo!!! :( It will take me FOREVER to exercise off those extra 474 calories! I was doing so well! Any thoughts, advice or words of inspiration???
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Don't freak, REALLY. There is the belief that 1200 is too low anyway and is almost starvation mode in itself, 1400 is more realistic for long lasting weight loss. Also, there is also the belief that going a little high on one day and low on another is good for your metabolism. Check out this website and breathe a sigh of relief that you actually haven't blown it, in fact, you're right on track!!

http://ifitandhealthy.com/calorie-shifting-diet/
  • :tongue: Unless you can go to a spinning class for an hour...just remember that tomorrow is anither day. Don't let it get you down!
  • go for a walk - dance a little - any of this will help you burn off those calories - and you won't feel so bad because you're not that far over. another word of advice - you haven't blow anything if you look you'll likely find that your calorie intake is probably still below or just at what you need to maintain - so - nothing lost but nothing gained. tomorrow is a new day! don't beat yourself up!!!!
  • I also totally pigged out today, but it feels great to journal and see tha I am still under 2000 calories. Before MFP a pig out day was probably closer to 3000 calories. Maybe we didn't achieve a deficit today but we also didn't gainanything so be happy! You pigged out with out actually over eating! :drinker:
  • bookworm140
    bookworm140 Posts: 9 Member
    go check your bmr on the tools application...that should lift your spirits a bit!
  • I did that last nite myself. Just work off what you can in exercise and try to do better tomarrow. Just remember how bad you felt about over doing it if you are tempted again.
  • Good advice from all of you! Thanks so much for all of your help! It really is nice to have somewhere to vent my frustrations to, and to have some cheerful, motivating support in return! See you next time (but hopefully not for the same topic...)!
This discussion has been closed.