Music while working out ?

Options
Who listens to music while working out ?
I have an MP3 player with a lot of music on it. I find up beat- fast music is helpful to keep me going. My playlist has a wide variety of music. I have disco-punk-metal-old country-classical plus so much more. What do you listen to ?

Replies

• kittycarson
    Options
    Love music when I work out...it gives me energy I didn't know I had...so I put it on when I am not so motivated and I am able to push through with mininum effort...I listed to contemporary Christian mostly like Keke Sheard, Deitrick Haddon, Mary Mary, Jay Moss, Kirk Franklin, Ty Tribbett etc. They have some really great upbeat rhythyms. But my guilty pleasure is Beyonce. I can really get in a good workout when I listed to her I am Sasha Fierce tracks.
  • treesha450
    treesha450 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    oh thanks, you gave me some great ideas. I have my son installing more music for me right now. I better tell him to add a few more.
  • Sprootles
    Sprootles Posts: 16
    Options
    Well, I was an 80's teen, so I have tons of 80's music on my MP3 player. But Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, and Pink all make me move a little faster when I'm walking. I love them.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    If you've got a smart phone download and install Fit Radio. It's free, and they have a TON of continually mixed music in all different types. Top 40, techno, classic rock, rap, indie, 90s, etc. They even tell you how many beats per minute to expect for the duration of the mix. Even better, if you find a particular mix you like you can save it to favorites so you know exactly what to expect for your next workout.
  • katemme
    katemme Posts: 191
    Options
    For a race, mash ups are the way to go!! (whatthemashup.com for tons of free ones) and for slower runs T.Rex or a slower artist. I have trouble slowing myself down, so its good to have a slower beat. I have a crazy variety of music, and its not in playlists, so I stick with one artist instead of flipping through my iPod on shuffle.
  • myfitnessval
    myfitnessval Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    since I workout in front of my computer I usually put on my dubstep pandora station. it gets my hyped up and some of the beats are nice to do reps to!
  • wendyjo3
    wendyjo3 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    If you've got a smart phone download and install Fit Radio. It's free, and they have a TON of continually mixed music in all different types. Top 40, techno, classic rock, rap, indie, 90s, etc. They even tell you how many beats per minute to expect for the duration of the mix. Even better, if you find a particular mix you like you can save it to favorites so you know exactly what to expect for your next workout.

Hey thanks!
  • stepharega
    stepharega Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    My little aqua square ipod nano carries a mixture of FAST songs! Mostly pop punk, dance, rap and some country! I listen to anything that gets ya in the m00d.
  • poodlepaws
    poodlepaws Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I have music ranging from the 1970's to current on my Ipod... I never know what's going to come up next and I like it that way :bigsmile:
  • mommajolynn
    mommajolynn Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I turn on my iheartradio app and listen to shuffle of different stations. Pop country hip-hop rap... I have it all... but occasionally Justin crapier pops up now and then.. bleh
  • Megdmcda
    Megdmcda Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    i have to have music. it gets very boring and lasts alot longer (feels like) than without. i use anything very fast beat that would get moving whether i'm working out or not.....lol i can't even clean without having music. lol
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,139 Member
    Options
    I started doing interval training a few months ago and find the music designed for the intervals you need is amazingly helpful! It really gets you going! I use the stuff you can download at http://www.workoutmusiconline.com/lbf but there are lots of others. I like these ones, not because the music is so great (it isn't!) but because it is so well designed to get you moving through the intervals without having to track the time yourself. There are several different workouts -- give it a try!