2»

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,916 Member
    This is where this comes in handy:

CIMG2071.jpg
  • kensky
    kensky Posts: 472 Member
    Well, if you see that as the only option, I'm sure that you know best. The thing is, the place where I am coming from in regards to my own routine...is that working out is a haven for me to get away from my workaday/mothering responsibilities. I see a man in your icon and am guessing that's your partner. I'd switch off child-rearing responsibilities so that you can get at least a few of those 7 days child-free. I know that when I can fully focus on the fitness task at hand, I get a better caloric burn. Even if your child is a Stepford Toddler, your mama-instinct is going to be always at least in the back of your mind while you are trying to squat or treadmill or whatever.

It would be worth it for me to work out fewer days at higher intensity without child minding responsibilities in the mix. YMMV.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    As someone that has had to try to workout in an apartmen fitness center with kids brought in by another resident I'd say no unless you know for certain no one else will be around. No kid will sit perfectly silent and still for the entire length of a workout and they are extremely distracting when someone is trying to focus on the task at hand. I had some of my worst workout when those kids were in there because I just never knew when they were going to suddenly get bored and run around or suddenly start chatting with their mom or each other. Honestly, if she'd kept showing up and bringing them, I probably would have reported her since there are age restrictions on who can be in the fitness center anyway.

And it wasn't just me that was distracted, the mom kept having to interupt her own workout to tend to the kids and then try to restart what she was doing. That just doesn't seem like a good way to get a workout in anyway.
  • i took the chance and went and they did unbelievable no crying no getting into things they just sat there and watched television the entire hour
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Yeah, I think at an apartment gym, bringing your kids is fine.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Yeah, I think at an apartment gym, bringing your kids is fine.
  • belinda_b
    belinda_b Posts: 70 Member
    I always took my daughter into my apartment gym when I had one. She brought toys and books and sat there playing. Nobody ever said anything. As long as she wasn't noisy and disturbing I cannot see the problem with this.
This discussion has been closed.