Back to the gym...exercise tips?

Options
Hi everyone, I plan on joining a gym very soon and working out before class.

I weigh about 157 and would like to lose 20-30 lbs and tone up. Could anyone recommend a kind of workout schedule for me? How many days should I do cardio and how many should I do strength? I tend to go through large gaps with my exercise, I haven't worked out in a couple months and really need to get back into it. Maybe someone who lost a decent amount of weight or is seeing some good improvement could tell me what their current workout plan is?
Thanks!

Replies

• lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    go to bodybuilding.com...there's great programs on there...I'm doing the 12 week one by Jaime Eason right now, and I love it
  • triciawebb78
    triciawebb78 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Erica0718
    Erica0718 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    bump
  • cici1028
    cici1028 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I actually lost my first thirty pounds using the Wii EA Sports Active at home program... but basically, it is just circuit training. You want to mix in cardio and strength training together to get some great results to start. You'll want to have quick bursts of high energy cardio and then move to strength training and back to cardio all in the same session.

Also, I'm a big fan of Jillian Michael's 30 day shred. That program is crazy and you definitely see results quickly.