What do you count as exercise vs. daily activities?

Options
13»

Replies

• rslifer
    Options
    When I walk the golf course MFP says I've burned 1600+ calories. Does all of that go to the Calorie budget on the same day?
  • Kate6868
    Kate6868 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I also only count stuff that is not included in my regular day. If I'm walking in the grocery store, I don't count it. If I go outside to take a walk, I do. If I lowered my calories, I could probably count the other stuff, but what I'm doing now seems to be working.
  • deanadimples
    deanadimples Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    If I'm not puttiing the girls in a sports bra, putting on my shoes or my HRM...it's NOT exercise it's DAILY LIFE.

This is my way of thinking....sure, I could log my cleaning calories, etc. However, I got FAT doing those things. So why give them credit? They are like my ex...not that special and do no use to me. Plus, my heart rate doesn't get up cleaning, etc. Heck I can barely get it up going on a fast walk. My cardiio has improved. My resting HR is now in the low 50s. I figure active days are just a bonus. They are like a cushion for those days I log "non packaged" food that may be off in my calorie counts.

I have my calories set to low. I eat most of my burned calories back, sometimes more, sometimes a lot less. It varies. I lose about 1 lb/week. I feel like I get the best of both worlds so I don't really "need" to log the extra stuff.

But that's my deal. Someone else may see it another way and that's what's cool about this.

Plus...there's the whole, do I log cleaning? If I do, should I log getting groceries? Jumping to conclusions? Evading answers? Ooooh, maybe I should log chewing.