Ironman in 31 days....Heck yes!!!!

Options
So someone at work came up with this idea for the month of October and I thought it was brilliant and wanted to share with the MFP community. Here it is:

Do an Ironman in 31 days.

You have 31 days to log time biking, running and swimming (or add the swimming km's to either biking or running if swimming is a no go).

180KM bike
42.2KM running
3.8KM swimming (about 70 laps in the pool, a lap being one side to the other lengthwise) =D

It might seem daunting, especially the 180KM biking, but I've decided to do it as a personal challenge and would totally love it if other people decide to join.

Come on, you can do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Replies

• Photoology
    Photoology Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    This sounds fascinating...! I definitely can commit to the running and biking... just don't have anywhere to swim... ill have to figure that out but definitely will join you on the other two parts :)
  • iwantniceabs
    iwantniceabs Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I'M IN!
  • sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    This is a great idea! Unfortunately I don't have access to a bike or pool right now :( But I will definitely try this one in the future!!
  • Awesome idea :) Can I do it in one day?? ;)
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    I watched the half ironman in Branson the other day and it was AWESOME! I don't swim, but I could definitely do the running/biking!!

How's this gonna work?
  • Lilylove86
    Lilylove86 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Every monday starting on the 3rd I'm going to start a post with the Title "consecutive Ironman challenge" and then people can post what they've accomplished so far in every category. You can also post your start weight and current weight to be able to see how many pounds were lost while doing this challenge. I won't make it closed but it might be harder if people decide to join half way through the month!!!! lol.
  • cartern1
    cartern1 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    love this idea - i want to do it, i'm confident with the cycling and swimming but i need to start running. maybe in a couple of months !
  • Lilylove86
    Options
    Awesome idea :) Can I do it in one day?? ;)

Ironman in Cozumel in November???? You are a MACHINE my friend. LOL. Good for you!!!!!!!! I wish I could be at that point but right now just the thought of doing one in a month is making me a little hesitant as I'm going to be upping my exercise amount by quite a bit. Maybe one day =D
  • Lilylove86
    Options
    love this idea - i want to do it, i'm confident with the cycling and swimming but i need to start running. maybe in a couple of months !

If you don't want to run yet then you can add those KM's to the swimming or cycling. as long as you're moving!!!! =D
  • Athena413
    Options
    I don't do km very well so for anyone else that doesn't, here are those distances in miles:

180km = 112 miles
    42.2km = 26.2 miles
    3.8km = 2.4 miles

Basically it's the equivalent of the marathon of each event... :smile:
  • Athena413
    Options
    Do spin classes count for the bike part??
  • Lilylove86
    Options

Yup! It'll help if its a spin bike that calculates your "distance" =D
  • Athena413
    Options

Yup! It'll help if its a spin bike that calculates your "distance" =D

It is a spin bike, so it does.
  • Triathlynne
    Options
    So someone at work came up with this idea for the month of October and I thought it was brilliant and wanted to share with the MFP community. Here it is:

Do an Ironman in 31 days.

You have 31 days to log time biking, running and swimming (or add the swimming km's to either biking or running if swimming is a no go).

180KM bike
    42.2KM running
    3.8KM swimming (about 70 laps in the pool, a lap being one side to the other lengthwise) =D

It might seem daunting, especially the 180KM biking, but I've decided to do it as a personal challenge and would totally love it if other people decide to join.

Come on, you can do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've actually done this before on a triathlon forum! Ton of fun :)
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    Just did this for September on another thread. Sure I'll do it again. I completed two full ironmen in September. :-)
  • Photoology
    Photoology Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I don't do km very well so for anyone else that doesn't, here are those distances in miles:

180km = 112 miles
    42.2km = 26.2 miles
    3.8km = 2.4 miles

Basically it's the equivalent of the marathon of each event... :smile:

thank you for doing the math :)
  • Lilylove86
    Options
    Just did this for September on another thread. Sure I'll do it again. I completed two full ironmen in September. :-)

awesome!!!!!! Now I'll know who to talk to for motivation thats for sure! =D
  • meerkat70
    Options
    It's very motivating, lots of fun.
  • meerkat70
    Options
    Is this going to happen?
  • Athena413
    Options
    Is this going to happen?

I'm doing it whether it's happening or not. :tongue:

I don't think I can work in the swimming, but I'm just going to add that distance to my running or cycling distances.