Newbie...need to loose 30 lbs

Options
Hi, I'm joined MYP 2 days ago. I'm hoping it will help me reach the final stretch of my fitness goals. I have lost a total of 60 lbs within the last year and a half. I want to loose another 30 by this year or early next year.

Replies

• mandemonious
    mandemonious Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I have about 30 lbs left to lose as well. You can add me if you want :)
  • neveradullmoment
    Options
    Way to go on your weight loss so far!!

I am fairly new here as well and am looking for support and friends too......feel free to add me!
  • chnkydnknmomma
    Options
    Welcome to MFP...great job so far, keep up the good work!
  • Pfoster24
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!! I'm on a mission to be beach body ready by winter :laugh:
  • ksiros
    ksiros Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Congrats to all of you for taking steps toward a healthier you!

Funny to hear me saying that as I've struggled with weight since college (16 yrs ago); got as big as 290.

I joined MyFitnessPal on 5/24/11 at the request of my doctor and started my journey at 280. By last count, I am 225. 55 POUNDS in just over 4 months time!!! I LOVE hearing my friends, family, and co-workers congratulate me and recognize me for this accomplishment.

The secret: Shhhhh, don't tell anyone else.

It takes a commitment to yourself; figure out what your motivation is (to see your kids grow up and to grow old with your wife (my motivation), to fit into that outfit that you've been eyeing in the store window, or to show up at your class reunion and shock all your friends) and remember that motivation the next time you find yourself standing in the pantry thinking of what you're going to stuff in your mouth. My downfall over the years was I would skip breakfast (other than coffee), skip lunch (tell myself I was too busy; true, but a copout), and eat dinner. Then I would eat dinner again 30 minutes later. Then I would find myself standing in my pantry and eating something salty 10 minutes before I went to bed.

I accomplished my weight loss by drastically reducing my calorie count (went from an average of 3500 calories / day down to an avg of 1500 calories / day) and getting off my fat butt and walking on the treadmill or biking on the stationary bike. Getting myself outside and running and playing with my kids was also a powerful motivator.

Be honest with yourself (this is why MyFitnessPal is so great) as to the amount of calories / fat you're taking into your body. Hold yourself accountable to what your goals are and don't let yourself cheat. Remember your motivation and what is important to you.

I'll be happy to stand by you for encouragement and to show that it can be done. I want to lose another 15 or so pounds but do it while maintaining my current weight. If the extra pounds come off, that's great...my motivation now is to not let myself bust the seams of my new wardrobe as I threw away all my fat clothes. And I'm too cheap to have to buy a whole nother (sp?) wardrobe.

Kevin