So... I"m top heavy. (girl specific)

Options

Replies

• Caperfae
    Options
    I'm a G cup and I wear a Glamorise sports bra and my girls don't budge.
  • SBug
    SBug Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have C's and have similar issues. I have the Target Champion brand cotton/spandex sports bra. they stay super tight and conceal everything.
  • tedeez
    Options
    I'm top heavy as well. Use a good support regular bra and and sports bra for good support, or wear 2 support sports bra. You want them to fit tightly!!! Try different ways sometimes others fit much better and use the ones that you arent playing around with the straps and such. Good luck!
  • UnderCoverShyGirl
    UnderCoverShyGirl Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    all these years and i thought i just could never run or bounce, i wish i had known this 2 bra trick earlier. I always wore/wear an underwire, do any of you two sport bra peeps also normally wear an underwire and do you have any problem with things errr, falling out? LOL
  • Saffyra
    Saffyra Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    You want one that has separate cups to avoid monoboob. And has seams to prevent bouncing.

I am a 34E and I had been using Champion sports bras (they have separate cups and extra seams) but I just splurged on the queen of all sports bras-- A Freya sports bra! It hasnt arrived yet but I cant wait to try it out.

They make them in all sizes, too. Usually if you wear an E they expect you to be a 44 not a tiny 34. I have to special order all my bras to get the right size.

Anyway, I can report back once it arrives and I've run in it.... :D
  • electricnarwhal
    Options
    Wow, I never thought to wear two bras, either... Learn something new! :)
  • AthenaGreenWolf
    Options
    Hii I completely understand where you're coming from; I have DD's too!! When i go to the gym, I usually wear two bras. I'm still bouncing, but it does help because it doesn't hurt because I'm bouncing so little. Also, for sport bras, I recommend champion, and I also swear by anything Victoria's Secret; I know that they are expensive, but I'm willing to pay the expense because their bras are so durable and supportive.
  • SephirothsChild15
    Options
    Seriously... how much do these suckers weigh????
  • genxrider
    genxrider Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Have you considered a breast reduction? I had one done a few years ago and it was the best thing I ever did for myself. Many insurers will pay for it because very large breasts cause back and neck aches, shoulder dents, heartburn, etc.

I worked out hard for about 6 months before the surgery, mostly to get in good condition for what is a long surgery, and I just wore a comfortable wireless bra (Cacique) and let the boobs do their thing.

I cannot tell you how amazing is to fit into bras, shirts, bathing suits, jackets, cami tops, etc. Sitting down at a table and not resting my boobs actually on the table... it's amazing.

I can actually wear underwire now without it digging into my chin.

I wish I'd done it years ago.
  • zilchie
    zilchie Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm a DD or DDD as well. With the right bra you should not need two! I work at Title Nine, we carry a good selection of sports bras.

www.titlenine.com

The bras that give me the most support are the Seven Wonders and the Three Reasons. Both of these are made by Moving Comfort. I also really like a bra made by CWX, the Ultra Support.

http://cw-x.com/ExploreProducts.aspx?gender=womens&product=bras&by=collection&sub=ultraSupport&id=1435

Go try on some sports bras, or order some. It might take some time to find the right one, but something will work for you!
  • redheadmommy
    redheadmommy Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I always had huge boobs like 34 F/G cup, but breastfeeding left me an unbeareble 36J cup. I like lower impact exercise, the fav is bikeing.
    However I am doing the 30 days shred including jumping jacks and it is fine, I only sports bra I can wear is ENELL. I recommend to everybody in the DD+ cupsize region.
    I tried many many other sports bra, but nothing compare to enell.
  • SephirothsChild15
    Options
    This may be the greatest topic ever posted...just sayin.... :D

Of course
  • SephirothsChild15
    Options
    I always had huge boobs like 34 F/G cup, but breastfeeding left me an unbeareble 36J cup. I like lower impact exercise, the fav is bikeing.
    However I am doing the 30 days shred including jumping jacks and it is fine, I only sports bra I can wear is ENELL. I recommend to everybody in the DD+ cupsize region.
    I tried many many other sports bra, but nothing compare to enell.

Where do you get ENELL?
  • hazelmae123
    hazelmae123 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I'm a G cup on a small frame and sports were always a problem, especially running. What works for me is two different things. One option, I wear a regular cotton bra with underwires that is comfortable, to get the shape and seperation, then I wear TWO spandex type sports bras over that (three bras total). I also bought a DD underwire sports bra from a local athletic store around $40, and it is like a straight jacket cause it is a little too small, but it holds me really tight. I also wear an spandex type sports bra over it. It is hard to find a sports bra that will work for a large chest and they are often too small. I tend to buy one size too small on purpose because they hold me much tighter and since I am only wearing it for a while, it doesn't bother me too much.
  • NinjaMonkey201
    Options
    I'm a DD, as well. I was wearing one sports bra and got so fed up with it. I now wear 2 sports bra's (cheap Walmart, Target brands). It has made a HUGE difference. But when I run or do jumping jacks, they still have a little bounce. Just a little, nothing like it would be with one bra on.
    A friend on MFP mentioned a Danskin Now sports bra from Walmart, and doubling it with a cheaper bra on top. She said her "gals" don't budge at all. I'm picking one up this weekend. :)
    I'm also going to take a look at a couple of bra's that were mentioned on this post.

Good luck!
  • mommy4ndbandtj
    Options
    As a big boob girl myself, I found bras that are 100% cotton with under wires. I have torn the tag out but for some reason I want to say they are maiden form. I found them at Kohl's. I wear that plus a TIGHT work out top or sports bra. Bind those suckers up. Until you drop a little weight, stay away from the jump rope and those kinds of activities, because those will cause stretch marks on the tops of your breasts. Try a weighted hula hoop, good ab exercise, get a good sweat on, and feel like a kid all at the same time. Elliptical machines were my favorite too. Also a helpful hint, before you jump into exercise, try figuring out your diet first. If you can contain your calories and stick to something the initial weight will fall off. Then once you hit a plateau add some exercise. I went from 190 down to 150 in a matter of ten months, and then I added exercise into my diet and went down to 130. I have gained about 10 pounds back and want to return to the 130. Start with your diet it is the most helpful way.
  • getfitnfab
    getfitnfab Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Go to a store that specializies in bra fittings, I use Freya, it holds them down

I have seriously considered plastic surgery worried about SCARS!

I am a 32 G and boy running is out of question.

On a cheery note, I just noticed my boobs/band something needs to be changed, I hope it is the cup along with the band!
  • jlsAhava
    jlsAhava Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I'm a DD and couldn't hack the jumping jacks in JM's 30 DS... I started wearing an (old) underwire bra under my regular sports bra, and haven't looked back.

It's not an option for me at the moment, but if I could, I'd invest in one of those pricey sports bras that many say actually keep the girls in place.

Good luck!
  • TressaBarron
    Options
    I use a minimizer under a sports bra. I found a really good sports bra at Academy, complete with underwire, it was of course pricey, and I still have to use either a minimizer under, or one of those compression tanks with built in bra shelf on top of.
  • skiski
    skiski Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Without a doubt....Shock Absorber bras....I am a 34ff, these have been my lifeline for everyday & sports, Impact level 4 is what I use for running/gym etc...yes they are a bit more expensive than your average joe bra but the quality & suppot is beyond worth it~ you can get them on-line or on auction sites...Hope you find something that works for you xxx