How do you make your green tea?

Options
need some tastey tips

Replies

• Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    First I boil some water. Then I pour the hot water into a tea pot in which I have placed 2 green tea bags. I let the tea steep for about 5 minutes. Then I pour it into a cup and drink it.

Yum! :flowerforyou:
  • skateboardstef
    skateboardstef Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I add honey to mine sometimes, most of the time I drink it plain.
  • jenfactor
    Options
    I've noticed if the water is too, too hot or it seeps too long, it tastes bitter! So I let the water sit in the mug for 5 min. after boiling, then just seep for 2 min.
  • EmilyAnn89
    EmilyAnn89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    i buy lipton honey green tea, and i just heat my water up, pour it over the bag, let it steep for a few minutes, then drink it!
  • TressaBarron
    Options
    I make a green tea mint combo. Steep 2 bags of mint tea with 1 bag of green tea in about 6 cups boiling water. Then pour into a 1 gallon pitcher and add water to fill. Delicious, refreshing and you don't need any sweetener. My kids love it too.
  • lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    First I boil some water. Then I pour the hot water into a tea pot in which I have placed 2 green tea bags. I let the tea steep for about 5 minutes. Then I pour it into a cup and drink it.

What a great recipe!! Do you mind if I save this for later?
  • cacraft
    Options
    Soak the teabag in COLD water while you wait for the kettle to boil.
    Dump the cold water and pour boiling water over teabag.
    Steep as long as per your preference.

Soaking in cold water first removes some of the bitter taste.

If you like green tea, try Matcha Tea. Expensive, but great health benefits.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options

What a great recipe!! Do you mind if I save this for later?

I always get confused about when to add the water, so I just buy it in a can. You can get it in a bottle too. Unless you like penguins, then you should get it in a can. But not a six pack. Pelicans are allergic to the loopy thingy I hear.
  • jae6704
    jae6704 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I put in 6 bags to one gallon of water, bring to a boil and then remove from heat. Soak the tea backs for 10 min and remove then chill. ( i love mine cold)
  • rbryntes
    rbryntes Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    Soak the teabag in COLD water while you wait for the kettle to boil.
    Dump the cold water and pour boiling water over teabag.
    Steep as long as per your preference.

Soaking in cold water first removes some of the bitter taste.

Green tea is meant to be steeped at 180 degrees, not 212, which is why your tea steeped in cold water first wouldn't be bitter. Boiling water burns the delicate leaves of green tea. Best would be to not let the water boil so as not to burn the leaves.