Personal Trainer?

Options
I currently do zumba for 1 hour, 4 days a week, and I LOVE it. I've lost about 15lbs total, but have kind of stalled, and I've noticed that things are saggier :-( I'm lost when it comes to knowing WHAT to do on WHICH machines, has anyone hired a personal trainer and seen a huge difference in their tone and weight loss? It's not overly cheap, so I'd like some stories, either pro or against please.

Replies

• JBennis1013
    JBennis1013 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I do have a personal trainer. I've had 3 sessions with him. I do see a significant change in inches. My friend and I do buddy training so he gets our competitive side out and it can get messy lol... I would splurge for a few sessions as he/she will give you new exercises that you wouldn't even think of.
  • lcoreo5
    lcoreo5 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    i work with a personal trainer, she is very reasonably priced and comes to my friends house. there are four of us that work with her. i wouldnt be where i am today if it wasnt for her. the best thing about having a trainer is that she keeps me accountable. i feel like she is my weight loss boss and i better do well to make her happy! lol good luck in your decision. and way to go on your weight loss!!
  • jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    I started working with a personal trainer a couple weeks ago, my goal is to tone up the loose skin, and I have noticed some of the loose skin around the belly going down a little. The nice thing about the guy I am using is that you can lock in for a few months or do lesson by lesson. They can teach you certain things you can take away with you. I have lost around 10 lbs since I signed up with him. I will know for sure on Saturday when he goes over the numbers.
  • kyylieeeeee
    kyylieeeeee Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    My PT was the best investment I ever made, because I was on a plateau of 142 pounds and 32% BF for about 3 months. It was two weeks' paychecks for four sessions, but I lost 6% body fat in two months, lost a few inches, and am now completely comfortable with just about every single weight and cardio machine in the entire gym. Because of the skills and exercises I learned from him, I am on a much better track for building muscle, and I've lost my fear of the big scary weight machines! :]

He also would take a look at my weekly food plan (MFP was conveniently helpful for that!) and tell me where I could have improved. I already had a pretty healthy diet before this, but it definitely helped me feel more accountable for what I was eating, and therefore I was less tempted to have extra cookies or extra beer.
  • amyprocak
    Options
    I hired a personal trainer two months ago. In those two months I've lost 10 lbs & 3 inches off my waist! Before I was going to gym everyday burning 500 calories & was gaining weight or weight was staying the same. Trainer helped to keep me accountable for my food choices which helped with the weight problem. With the trainer I have noticed my stomach lifting & toning which I've never been able to do myself. I've had four children. I've also toned my arms & legs. I love my trainer & would recommend him to anyone!
  • fatmama4
    fatmama4 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Thanks all for the encouragement, I would love to do a buddy train, but I don't have anyone disciplined enough to do it with me. I'm also getting certified to teach zumba in December, so more classes should help as well. I've also had 4 children and am about to become a grandma, so I need to do this for me, I got lost in being a mom and wife.
  • JBennis1013
    JBennis1013 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I hired a personal trainer two months ago. In those two months I've lost 10 lbs & 3 inches off my waist! Before I was going to gym everyday burning 500 calories & was gaining weight or weight was staying the same. Trainer helped to keep me accountable for my food choices which helped with the weight problem. With the trainer I have noticed my stomach lifting & toning which I've never been able to do myself. I've had four children. I've also toned my arms & legs. I love my trainer & would recommend him to anyone!

I wa doing the same thing! I would go to the gym burn 500+ calories and I wasn't losing...I mean I have some health issues that make it more difficult to lose, but still!! I love the trainer. I wish I could afford more then 1 time a week.