SUGAR

Options
Is anyone tracking their sugars? I added it to my diary and I am shocked on how much sugar some foods have...

A banana.. grapes.... yogart..... really! Its just crazy...

Oh well... I know that the benefits of these fruits are still better than the sugar is bad but its just amazing.. I find myself avoiding them because of it and eating only berries.

I have also found sugar in foods that I had no idea there was sugar in them.

My vices are sugar and salt.. I always oversalt.. but since finding NuSALT, I am learning.. its not as good tasting but its better than going without for me at this point.

Replies

• Leslietheriot
    Leslietheriot Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I look at my sugar and have been trying to find a way to keep it down...sodium too! Sodium is easy but good old sugar is soooo hard.
  • lcoreo5
    lcoreo5 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    i dont count the sugar in the fruits. my trainer told me not to. otherwise, how would we be able to eat our 3-4 servings of fruit? your body metabolizes those sugars way faster and easier than those is sweets like cakes and such.
  • brookelyn2030
    brookelyn2030 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I may be wrong, but I don't think the natural sugars in fruit are as bad as the sugars in soda and juice - the ingredients whose words that end in -cose = fructose, sucrose, maltose, etc. are what you REALLY want to stay away from.hopefully someone with more knowledge of this than me can weigh in! :-)
  • Artemis_Acorn
    Artemis_Acorn Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I probably should track sugars, but at this point, I'm not. I may go there when I hit a plateau. As for the salt, I keep my sodium under 2000 mg a day and it's not hard to do when avoiding processed foods. When I do salt anything, I use RealSalt. It doesn't affect my blood pressure or cause me to retain water, so a little bit has been okay for me.
  • lcoreo5
    lcoreo5 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    if you want more insight, search the community. this is an ongoing debate.