Clearwater, Florida...any suggestions?

Options
Just found out my husband and I will be going to Clearwater Beach for several days and I am worried about two things. A) wearing shorts and bathing suit and B) finding decent places to eat that offer fresh good food choices.

Anyone know the area at all?

Replies

• cassondraragan
    cassondraragan Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Frenchy's is awesome! The She-crab soup is amazing...not very low cal though.
  • MeganMac17
    MeganMac17 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I've never been to Clearwater, but I've spent a lot of time in the Sarasota area (not too far from Clearwater), and EVERYWHERE you go serves fish. Just make sure it's not fried :)

Enjoy your trip!
  • anthonysig
    anthonysig Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Lived in Clearwater for 3.5 years...Near the beach I'd suggest The Island Way Grill....there's all kind of restaurants down that way
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    I'm near Clearwater and often visit the area, there's several great restaurants in downtown Dunedin - http://www.delightfuldunedin.com/directory.php?category=dining
    Casa Tina is one that i've always enjoyed, plus you can walk around all the little shops, galleries and gardens. It's a nice break from the beach. There's a few vegetarian/vegan ones and I think there's a gluten-free restaurant. Check out the link. :smile:
  • Sharon009
    Sharon009 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Frenchy's Rockaway Grill the one right on the beach (there are two). Island Way Grill and the Salt Rock Grill. Theres lots of seafood choices everywhere. But at Frenchy's all their food is awesome so splurge.
  • BlueVeritas
    Options
    Don't feel bad about showing skin there are people of all shapes and sizes at the beach. It may help to avoid spots in front of bars due to the greater population density of bikini babes but all the family areas will be filled with people that look like the rest of america (I've seen grandmotherly ladies flaunt every inch of skin legally allowed!). Now for the fun part. Food! If you eat fish you will probably be able to find a local places that can get it in fresh, just order it broiled without naughty butter on top (lemon or lime works great). Publix Grocery Stores have a great prepared foods area where you can grab healthy salads or cut fruit for your picnic cooler and pack guiltfree oatmeal for lazy hotel breafast (use hot water from the coffe pot). The vegetarian wrap and sub in the publix deli is guilt free if you order it with low fat cheese and it is ten times more fresh tasting than fast food sub chains. Don't forget wear tons of sun screen and take romantic walks on the beach to burn off any fun calories you indulge in.
    What time of year will you be traveling?
  • Biglovelovesme
    Biglovelovesme Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    :happy: Thanks everyone! We are going for the second week of Nov. I do eat fish so that sounds doable and will definitely ck out the restaurants suggested.
  • Amysgetnfit
    Options
    Eat lots of fresh fish....& don't worry about the suit or shorts...there's people parading around at the beaches around here guaranteed to make you feel good about yourself. No matter what size you are you will find someone larger wearing much less