New gal with 200 lbs. to lose needs support!

Options
2»

Replies

• lbeasey
    lbeasey Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    You made a great start by realizing people on here will support you...they are an amazing group!
    Don't beat yourself when you eat something you think is horrible...you can always change it the next time you put something in your mouth. Drink lots of water and water and water. That is my drink of choice and rarely drink anything else. Allow yourself a treat on occasion.
    Good luck with your journey...come back often for support!
  • getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Welcome Girl!!
    Feel free to friend me!! I will support you. But warning. It is addictive.
  • JaneDoughSanAntonio
    Options
    I too am a major stress eater! What did I do to fix it? I don't have any bad foods in my house.

Hee hee! That has NEVER stopped me! Since I work at night, I know where every 24-hour store in town is, and I'm not afraid to go there at 2, 3, 4 in the morning. I have to figure out a way to stop the craving BEFORE I give in. If anyone has any ideas, my "happy" food is pizza and my "super stressed" food is mac & cheese.
  • tkmarble
    tkmarble Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Just want to join your cheerleading squad....I have been logging onto mfp for 2 weeks and love it. I think you will too. It is nice to find a community to help join you, keep you accountable and cheer you on. No matter how much weight we all need to lose...we're all in the same boat so to speak. We have issues with food and want to overcome. Best of luck to you and feel free to add me as a friend.
  • FitRodr
    FitRodr Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I am almost to my goal but this is a lifelong journey and I can guarantee the support and the tools on this site will help you get where you want to be.

See yourself differently, don't give up, start over the next bite, meal, day. Celebrate your victories no matter how trivial.

Add me if you'd like - sending you strong, positive thoughts!
  • newhealth
    Options
    Looks like you're off to a good start! W can encourage each other!
  • nehushtan
    nehushtan Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    You've come to the right place! There are a number of people here who've lost over 200.

TamiShumate
    kayjay7171
    WattsJA
    Whitney (but that's not her MFP name, here's her blog: http://cravingalife.wordpress.com/ )
  • helper1112
    helper1112 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I too started out over 300 lbs when I was working nights and I started to cut down. I then lost my job and really was eating and being angry and needed a way to relieve that stress and decided I was tired of being so heavy and decided to take my anger out on my weight. I know it can be tough with the weight as I struggle with knee and back problems. I have started to do walking at home videos and working out with weights. This is helping on the weight loss, also cutting down on the amount of food I eat. I keep the weighting myself down to once a week as it gets discouraging when I work so hard and only lose a little bit and that can tend to discourage me. With the help of others here I am hanging in there and determined to get down in the lower 200s at least. So hang in there and feel free to add me as a friend.
  • scleesh
    scleesh Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you for starting this. This website is GREAT and everybody is so encouraging. Take all the junk food out of your house. Drink lots of water to help keep your fuller. I'll add you and GOOD LUCK to you. You can do this!!!! I have alot to lose as well and am here to do it with you.
  • stefaknee
    stefaknee Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello...Congratulations on your new beginnng to winning, We can do this!!!