Hiding stretch marks

Options
Hey,
I have got more and more stretch marks over the years of constantly gaining weight, especially when I was pregnant. Does anyone have an ideas on how to hide them better when they have to be seen such as when in a bathing suit? Does tanning hide them? I don't recall them over becoming less visible when losing weight. Any suggestions are appreciated.
Thanks!
Jodi

Replies

• lawoods
    lawoods Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Tanning made mine more visible. The stretched strips of skin won't tan while the normal strips of skin will. :0( Wish there was something that worked.
  • bettyford4202
    bettyford4202 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I have a lot of stretch marks on my stomach from gaining and losing as well. I saw a lot of reviews for StriVectin and was lucky to run across a bottle for free (it's kinda expensive), and this stuff really does work! You can find it at several different places, but the price stays the same... I'm just gonna get my next bottle from Sephora.
  • jeyoung03
    Options
    I know its expensive, but mederama stuff works pretty well mine are still minimally visible. But its helped me.
  • sr823204
    sr823204 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I've heard that cream Mederma helps. Haven't tried it yet myself though...

(I've tried other creams that haven't really done anything to them.)
  • natika33
    natika33 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I would say to do the opposite of tanning and avoid the sun as much as possible. My stretch marks don't tan, so the lighter my skin is, the less visible they are. As a bonus, you'll get less of the sun damage that contributes to wrinkles, age spots and skin cancer.

As an aside, I almost never leave the house without a hat and gloves. Perhaps it looks stupid, but I'm 34 and constantly get mistaken for a university student, so I think it's working!