30 DS question

Options
So ..I am just curious....do you do this for 30 days straight with no breaks or can you take a break after every few days?? Just curious as I have not read anything that states this rule.......

Replies

• Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    I do it 30 days straight.....You can take a break if you really need too.
  • christinaroxz
    Options
    I asked the same thing earlier and didn't get an answer so I googled it! It said that you are suppose to do it for a continuous 30 days with no breaks! I started it yesterday and I can barely move today! I thought for sure in the beginning it would say every other day for the first week but it didn't!

Here is the site I found about it!

Goodluck! :)

http://www.ehow.com/how_5363883_do-jillian-michaels-day-shred.html
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    At least one break day a week is recommended. You can do it however you please
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    you really have to listen to your body...see what it can and can't handle. for me, I do it 3 times a week..but thats enough for me..because I also lift the other 3 days..
  • jojospero
    jojospero Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    30 days... 10 days at level 1, 10 days at level 2 & 10 days at level 3. If you need to, you can take a day off. For Ripped in 30, she says to rest one day a week. So I would think you would do the same for the Shred too. :smile:
  • Phoenixsky13
    Phoenixsky13 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it and I take breaks. I think that when I get in better shape maybe I can do it with no breaks but not at my current fitness level. I'm all about the journey so it may take me 40 days but I will finish. I finished day 8 and I see results already. So my advice is to do what you can cause it works!
  • skinnymoomoo
    skinnymoomoo Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Last time I did it I took the odd day off, usually a sunday or saturday due to hangover!

I would say you could take one day off a week, don't take anymore than 1 day in a row off. don't skip that day either, just means you will take a couple days longer to finish, you will still get results :D
  • shanmont
    shanmont Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone..i am pretty sore, but going to take my break on Saturday i think one thing is for sure..i am feeling it....
  • Amber82479
    Amber82479 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I don't know what the true recommendation is, but I did it 5-6 days a week. I always took at least one day off a week though. Even God took a day to rest!