You people disturb me.

Options
and i mean that in the nicest way possible. Let me elaborate: i browse the boards and see too much self loathing/degrading. I see "im just destined to be big forever" on bad days, and we all have those...but then i look at profile pics....and the people saying that are not that big. So i want to put this out there; i dont care if you are 50lbs or 950lbs. I dont care if you eat nothing but cheeseburgers or nothing but lettuce. I dont care if you cant do a pushup on your knees or you just did 1000 without stopping. I want to shake every last one of you and say ladies you are beautiful and gentlemen you are handsome! And whatever your goal is, even on bad days, you CAN get there. if you have been put down due to weight, i apologize on behalf of the one who put you down. If you have people trying to sabotage your efforts, even without meaning to, i encourage you to tell them NO THANKS, IM IMPROVING MY PERFECTION. Too many of you wallow in self doubt and that bugs me because i know you ALL have something amazing about you. And if a message from a stranger can help you see that, i am glad. Dont ever give up on YOU, because theres one Troll that doesnt want you to.

Replies

• ASPhantom
    ASPhantom Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    Here, Here! Well spoken!
  • NinjaMonkey201
    Options
    Love it. It made me smile. :)
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Thanks, little Troll. This is quite sweet.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Put a big smile on my face too!
  • sunshinestorm
    sunshinestorm Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Thank you ;) Good advice!
  • Awake_Alive
    Awake_Alive Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    You. Are. AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • allenlisa
    Options
    Well Put!!
  • girard5
    girard5 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Right on! Thanks!
  • mynika
    mynika Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Thank you!:wink:
  • DakotaKeogh
    DakotaKeogh Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Thank you and I completely concur! If a weak-willed, self-indulgent, older couch potato like me can pull of a 100 pound loss, there's success at the end of EVERYONE'S journey. Hang in there and keep being that positive!
  • FreshStart89
    FreshStart89 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    GREAT advice!
  • XxBri22xX
    Options
    Thank you! I needed to hear that right now...
  • cloneme_losehalf
    cloneme_losehalf Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    <
    VERY guilty of MUCH self-doubt!!!! Sorry to offend others with my self-doubt. When you hear so many negative things for so long you start to believe them. :( I have to overcome negativity in my journey and I realized that before I started. Negativity has been my defeat and I can't let it hinder me this time. Thanks for your post.
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    that was amazing..thank you :flowerforyou:
  • BRISAjustAltered
    BRISAjustAltered Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    lol. you are totally right. I need friends like you!!
  • jwerman
    jwerman Posts: 176
    Options
    AMEN!!! We need to repeat this post every few days until all if MFP gets the message! Thank you for sharing and thank you for believing in us!! Good luck to you! :)
  • Lesliecs
    Lesliecs Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Thank you! So nice to see a positive post. Good advice for everyone! :drinker:
  • MochaBlues
    MochaBlues Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    and i mean that in the nicest way possible. Let me elaborate: i browse the boards and see too much self loathing/degrading. I see "im just destined to be big forever" on bad days, and we all have those...but then i look at profile pics....and the people saying that are not that big. So i want to put this out there; i dont care if you are 50lbs or 950lbs. I dont care if you eat nothing but cheeseburgers or nothing but lettuce. I dont care if you cant do a pushup on your knees or you just did 1000 without stopping. I want to shake every last one of you and say ladies you are beautiful and gentlemen you are handsome! And whatever your goal is, even on bad days, you CAN get there. if you have been put down due to weight, i apologize on behalf of the one who put you down. If you have people trying to sabotage your efforts, even without meaning to, i encourage you to tell them NO THANKS, IM IMPROVING MY PERFECTION. Too many of you wallow in self doubt and that bugs me because i know you ALL have something amazing about you. And if a message from a stranger can help you see that, i am glad. Dont ever give up on YOU, because theres one Troll that doesnt want you to.

Mochablues <
    is in the AMEN Corner!
  • JuniperT
    JuniperT Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! ~lol~ I could use more friends like you!
  • lostsoul2216
    lostsoul2216 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I think everyone has a little self doubt in them. I did not know if the radical planning on my diet would work or not. I tried the route of eating all my calories and actually gained. The only logical step was to cut back on fat and calories and see what happens.

I firmly believe everyone can become healthy if they put their mind and body to the task. You have to convince yourselves you are going to succeed. You will succeed if you believe in yourselves.