Home Workouts vs Gym?

Options
2»

Replies

• LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    I used to have 2 gym memberships before but as weird as it may sound, I was actually able to reach my ideal weight by working out at home & am just working out for my body to stay toned & fit. You just need to be more creative & investigative as well. There are a lot of magazines & online articles about certain exercises that you can do at home. Above all, do something that you love. If you love zumba, you can buy a DVD workout.
  • chunkyme
    chunkyme Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I agree!! I really like Zuzana from bodyrocktv ! She has kicked my butt a few times for free!

I believe THIS is what you need: http://www.bodyrock.tv/
    This website is from a young couple showing you how to get fit and toned (whatever size you are) in a sensible most efficient way. I discovered them by chance about a year ago and got hooked when I lived in germany for a while and didn't have the option to go to a gym. They explain the exercised really well and always have adjustments for beginners. If you go back to earlier workouts you will see they are all without any equipment. They've recently started using swiss balls, sandbags etc... but they are really not needed....

They've got a proper workout schedule with competitions and everything on there but I never stuck to that. I picked out the workouts I liked and did about 4 a week and together with eating healthy and about 1500kcal man the weight came flying off and I actually saw my body getting firmer for the first time!

And the very best thing is that the workouts are tough but really short! varying from 4 to 30 mins! and then you are done for the day!
    Here in the UK I am a gym member but I often can't be bothered to get up and exercise because of the journey to get there...

so if you want a short, efficient workouts with visible results for FREE then check this out! They have really good recipes and nutritional information on there as well...

This is one of my favorite workouts http://www.bodyrock.tv/2010/10/29/bang-bang-workout/

If you decide to try this I'd love to hear what you think about it!
  • Skinny_minny_mo
    Skinny_minny_mo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    one word: kettlebells

seriously, I won't be renewing my gym membership next spring. I plan on the video workouts plus walking a lot and riding my bike.

het cat wrangler,

do you use your kettebells at home or go for a class?

Gym memberships are ridiculously expensive here and they tie you in to a 3yr contract!
    I;ve been looking at kettlebell classes but they are just as expensive as they gym if not more :S its mainly done privately here.

i'm scared of doing it at home and ending up injured.
  • 40Marbles
    40Marbles Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    one word: kettlebells

seriously, I won't be renewing my gym membership next spring. I plan on the video workouts plus walking a lot and riding my bike.

I love that word!

There is so much that you can do with one piece of equipment that takes up the same amount of space as a gallon of milk.

But the best workout is the one that you will do and keep doing. Only you can determine what that is.

My kettlebells are calling. I need to get off my butt and go to the basement for my workout. :happy: