Looking for friends

Options
Hi, my name is Tanya, married mom of 2 teens I'm new to mfp, apparently I started an account a long time ago but forgot about it. I want to start using it now on my phone. I don't have a lot of time for the website but with some motivation and knowing I'm not alone I know I can achieve success.

I lost 124 lbs in the past, gained it all back when I lost my support system (a weightloss group on the old msn site, when thy closed their groups everyone went in opposite directions), one thing I do well is lose weight...when in the right mindset and able to motivate others. I tend to get a little obsessed and my family gets tired of listening to me talk about calories, working out and tracking. I'm currently 263 lbs, I have a goal of 160. I feel good there.

If anyone thinks we could benefit from each other, please add me and I will do the same. Unlike my rear end, a support system can never be too big ;)

Replies

• ajrulo
    Options
    Welcome back! This is definitely the place to be obsessed about counting calories, working out and the like. My family gets sick of it too, which is why I LOVE this site!
  • slippymcgee
    Options
    Welcome! MFP has been a great tool for weight loss. I really like it- it's quick, easy and there is a lot of support. Best of luck to you!!
  • 99Tinkerbell
    Options
    Welcome and good luck with your journey. Plenty of support at this site.
  • hillm12345
    hillm12345 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! Since joining this site I can't tear myself away from the forums and commenting. It's honestly my new facebook! Congrats on your decision!
  • Getting_Fit_4_Life
    Options
    Welcome! This is a great site for support :)
  • debtfre12
    Options
    Hi, my name is Tanya, married mom of 2 teens I'm new to mfp, apparently I started an account a long time ago but forgot about it. I want to start using it now on my phone. I don't have a lot of time for the website but with some motivation and knowing I'm not alone I know I can achieve success.

I lost 124 lbs in the past, gained it all back when I lost my support system (a weightloss group on the old msn site, when thy closed their groups everyone went in opposite directions), one thing I do well is lose weight...when in the right mindset and able to motivate others. I tend to get a little obsessed and my family gets tired of listening to me talk about calories, working out and tracking. I'm currently 263 lbs, I have a goal of 160. I feel good there.

If anyone thinks we could benefit from each other, please add me and I will do the same. Unlike my rear end, a support system can never be too big ;)

Hi Tanya and Welcome back!!!

You are at the right place, at the right time, with the right tools to succeed!!! So go for it with vigor, hope and perseverance. How can you not win? You will only lose--the excess weight that is!!! LOL!!!!!
  • JanLeb
    JanLeb Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome back!

I am just getting re-started myself and find that the support here is really helping to keep me motivated and focused!

Good luck and feel free to friend me if you like
  • gottagethealthy
    gottagethealthy Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Welcome back. Its always hard to start over but I think this site helps everyone in one way or another. Add me you can never have to many friends.