Stronger Better Faster....Jan 13

Options
GOOD MORNING!!!

All yesterday I felt horrible and then my husband got home and told me they had to go to PT at 7pm since they were all struggling with their PT test (duh...when they constantly cancel PT because of the weather what do you expect?) So I decided to get dressed and go with him. I spent 20 min on the bike (4.5 miles) and 13 mins on the treadmill (1 mile). I'm not up to 23.1 miles for my challenge!

Today my body is demanding a day off..but I don't know if I have the will power to do that :laugh: I'm addicted to the gym now and it feels great!

I managed to stay within my calories after a trip to KFC (half a mashpotatoe bowl!) and then coming home and doing a few mins of kick boxing to make up for the few extra calories! The best part was I figured I would go over...so I told my husband before we sat down that "I don't care, I'm going to really eat because I'm hungry!) About three bites in I decided to only eat half since it was enough to fill me up and I didn't want to go over :happy: I felt SO good for that self control and the fact that I was able to get up from the table without hurting!

Well, you girls have a good day!

Replies

• Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    GOOD MORNING!!!

All yesterday I felt horrible and then my husband got home and told me they had to go to PT at 7pm since they were all struggling with their PT test (duh...when they constantly cancel PT because of the weather what do you expect?) So I decided to get dressed and go with him. I spent 20 min on the bike (4.5 miles) and 13 mins on the treadmill (1 mile). I'm not up to 23.1 miles for my challenge!

Today my body is demanding a day off..but I don't know if I have the will power to do that :laugh: I'm addicted to the gym now and it feels great!

I managed to stay within my calories after a trip to KFC (half a mashpotatoe bowl!) and then coming home and doing a few mins of kick boxing to make up for the few extra calories! The best part was I figured I would go over...so I told my husband before we sat down that "I don't care, I'm going to really eat because I'm hungry!) About three bites in I decided to only eat half since it was enough to fill me up and I didn't want to go over :happy: I felt SO good for that self control and the fact that I was able to get up from the table without hurting!

Well, you girls have a good day!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm gearing up to do a 30 minute shred. (level 2. . .ugh), then trudge through the snow into work.

The good news is, I've gotten so good at my job that I'll be finished with my work for the week after a few hours of work today. . .so that I'm free to go the Dr. on Wednesday, and if I feel yuck-o from all the poking/prodding, etc. . .to take another day off Thursday. (which means a trip to the gym! whee!)

The employer has walked away from the table and called a forced ratification vote. (essentially, the union members vote on the current deal to circumvent the union's autonomy to decide when the offer is worth voting on). That won't be until next Monday. . .so I'm at least on strike for another week or two as that gets resolved/not resolved. Let's just say I'm learning more about labour than I ever wanted to in my life!:noway:

Goals for the day:
    stay positive.
    drink water.
    shred.
    stay positive.
    vitamins.
    oh, and stay positive.:tongue:

Take care of yourselves!:flowerforyou:
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    Renae you are doing good! Keep it up!
    Vivia, I sure hope there's an end in sight soon!
    Alex seems to be a little bit better this morning, which is good because I am taking him to his first tumbling class this morning!
    I messed around with the wii last night. I may try to do yoga or something and long distance running on it. I really don't feel like it's a work out so I may have to do something else too. I haven't tried these two things, so I may feel different about it later. Alex likes to bowl and likes the marble balancing thing. lol
    So today is drink water, wii, work out, paint (which I didn't do yesterday) and that's it.
    Have a good day!
    MM
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    MM - try the boxing (from Wii Sports) or the hula hoop (from Wii Fit), those were the only ones I thought were close to a workout.

Today the plan is to go to the gym in the morning and do elliptical/walk/jog, then go to the yoga class tonight. I usually don't like gym yoga classes, but I'm going to try this one out. I need to weigh myself at the gym this morning. I also need to plan some meals and have more veggies around. Going to the store today after the gym.

Have a great workout!
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Hang in there everyone! Tomorrow is hump day, so almost done with another rough week (for most of us). I worked the restaurant last night; only two tables came in the entire time & I didn't get one. Pretty much a wasted night. I didn't feel good, came home and went to bed (so not me; usually up till midnight but 9pm?)

I got today off at work, so I slept in till about 10:30 and feel like a new person. Still have the cough, but not delirious. Did a quick 30 min light aerobics workout and that went well. Need to tackle some errands and pick up the house today.

:flowerforyou:
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    Thought I'd share a clip of Alex's first day tumbling. It might take a few minutes to download.
    Tumbling was kind of amusing and embarrassing. He spent the first several minutes staring at me through the glass, which is what he did when he started last summer. He also laid down and played dead for a few minutes as well. He did finally get into it a little. I think next week will be better since he should feel better and understand what's going on. Here's the link if you want to watch!
    http://www.stevemc.com/video/1-13-2009-2.wmv
    MM
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    MM that was just too cute! Thank you for sharing his tumbling class with us. I think he was really enjoying it! I know I enjoyed watching it.

So today will be waters, salad for lunch, a 30 to 40 minute stroll on the treadmill after bus tonight. An appropriately portioned supper. Not much but all I am up to today. It was gray and cloudy here today and I was in bear hibernating mode but I feel better for taking a nap. I have some energy which I truly did not have this morning.

Hope you all feel better, Vivia, Arianne.

I hope you enjoy the gym yoga Mary.

Good for you Renae on the willpower!

See you all tomorrow.
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Well, it was bound to happen. I've got a cold. :sick:

I'm fighting it with everything I've got, though - vitamin C, zinc, water, and something new I picked up at the store called Umcka. My only problem is I haven't had enough sleep. I hope I can remedy that tonight. I've just been so stressed about my project, and now I have to go to a training class in 2 weeks so I am trying to figure out how to get there, where to stay, etc. etc. Hello prop plane. :frown: Oh well, I will get through it.

I just took a short walk (on our "indoor loop") and will try to get in my pushups tonight. And get to bed early. I hope you all stay warm and healthy!
  • Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Learning to listen to my body and letting my pride go :laugh:

After several weeks of this I've realized I can do great on calories for about 3-4 days and then I go nuts! Today I've chosen healthy foods (everything homemade, lots of veggies, etc) yet I'm still very hungry and I'm a couple calories over. I have a salad (putting me about 200 calories over) and I'm satisfied. I think the numbers are slightly low. Even that I don't feel it for a few days. My binges are out of anger, sadness, or even happiness...I'm not even bored.

So while I'm still going to count my calories and stick close I'm just going to make sure I don't go over more than two days in a row and that I'm NEVER over maintenance calories. I'm going to stop thinking about my 30 day challenge..because today we found out we are going to have 4 different parties within this next month and if I'm stuck to that challenge I'm going to get more frustrated and actually eat more than if I'm just trying to be reasonable and listen to my body.

Well, I'm off to make my salad - had to write this whole post to make sure it wasn't just "wanting" it.

Good night all!