PREVENTING W/E BINGES!

Options
Hello guys and girls,

I am trying to lose 7kgs (around 15/16 pounds). I obviously want to lose it quickly. What's holding me back is BINGE EATING. I am very strict with my diet on the weekdays when I'm working, but when the weekend comes around I tired and want to celebrate my freedom with food. It's SO annoying! Sometimes I can't stop myself. I need to change my pathology. Are there any tips you guys have? I'm sure some of you understand what I'm going through. Thanks.

Christina

Replies

• jmatthews75
    jmatthews75 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Shop smart. and try to have healthy foods to binge on the weekends with. or do your grocery shopping on a sunday night so you have nothing left to binge on by the time saturday morning rolls around? could work. this coming from someone that can't stop eating sometimes himself.
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    Do you have to lose it quickly or just want to? Just make sure that when you shop you hit the produce section first, then your meats and what not. What works for me is tracking my food. I absolutely hate seeing those red numbers when I'm over on something-that's what's helped me, and now I'm back to my diet of mainly fruits and veggies to fill me up.
  • purplepollypops
    purplepollypops Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I'm totally the same! Easy to stick to during the week when I'm at work as I have to plan what I take to work to eat but come Saturday night and Sunday which is the only time I'm not at work then I throw the rule book out the window!
    Recently though I have tried to step up my exercise at the weekend so that I can eat back my exercise cals and try to keep myself busy before the munchies set in. There's always a pile of ironing or some cleaning that needs to be done around the house to take my mind off it and if I put my HRM on and log the cals burned it makes me feel like I've done an extra workout! lol
  • Breadoholic
    Breadoholic Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. You're both right, for sure. BUT I am living with my sister and her metabolism is much faster than mine... so there's a lot of temptation in the house. I LOVE bread. I could eat a whole loaf of sourdough. Shameful I know! I don't crave sugar! I'm a carbs girl! She doesn't think I need to lose much so she isn't very supportive. It would be much easier to NOT binge on the weekends if there wasn't temptation around, ya know.
  • MaudeBeige
    Options
    weigh in on Monday
    log it before I eat it
    wear my smallest clothes on a Friday (and I have to wear them!!!) You may do better wearing the smallest on a Monday!!!_

Works for me anyway!
  • JRMcCaghren
    Options
    I do the exact same thing. It doesn't seem like the weekend without pizza or Taco Bell. So, I just go ahead and eat those things. BUT, I count them and eat smaller portions than I used to. This way my craving for fast food is gone and I get to have something different on the weekend.
  • Showgirlbody
    Showgirlbody Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Staying on track on the weekend is a struggle for me as well. I don't necessarily try to eat everything but I want to eat out and not scrutinize everything trying to figure out what's in it. Plus, my schedule is off since I don't get up at the same time, or have my set lunch break. I just run around and grab something. I think I do better with structure. So if I get up and eat my usual type breakfast at a normal time and not wait until 11:30 or so to grab something while I'm out and about and already starving it starts my day off right. Then plan for lunch halfway through and pick something out, but still within my calories--like Subway or something. I get tired of eating the same food that I always make and feel deprived if I can't eat out or have "fast" food. Then I am more likely to stick on point by dinner if I've gone that far without overindulging . Having an exercise class or somewhere to go also helps keep the day on track rather than grazing at home.
  • PreciousLyn
    PreciousLyn Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi :),

I manage binging by making myself go for a walk with my ipod, I walk at the speed of the music and monitor the calories I have burned walking to add to my diary for that day.... I return home when the urge has gone and reward myself with something nice using the calories I have just burned and dosn't ruine your days calaorie allowance ...

If I become hungary before bed, I clean my teeth with very strong tooth paste and mouth wash, the taste stays and puts me off eating or a drink...

Good luck :)
  • PreciousLyn
    PreciousLyn Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi :),

I manage binging by making myself go for a walk with my ipod, I walk at the speed of the music and monitor the calories I have burned walking to add to my diary for that day.... I return home when the urge has gone and reward myself with something nice using the calories I have just burned and dosn't ruine your days calaorie allowance ...

If I become hungary before bed, I clean my teeth with very strong tooth paste and mouth wash, the taste stays and puts me off eating or a drink...

Good luck :)
  • Breadoholic
    Options
    LOL I weigh in on Mondays and this Monday I didn't want to weigh in. Depressing! I absolutely wear my smallest outfit on Friday's... you're right! Wearing it on Monday's is a good idea though. Thankfully I am going away this weekend - to the middle of Australia - so I'll get some exercise in and not a lot of binging. Hopefully!

What do you guys say to yourselves when you're craving junk so much? I hate when my evil fatty side starts justifying eating junk?
  • Breadoholic
    Options
    Precioius Lyn GREAT IDEAS! Seriously.
  • spudsmum
    Options
    Bumping for later ... something I struggle with myself :blushing:
  • elimay59
    Options
    I really struggle also, What has helped me is chosing a better alternative like I was at the store tonight I looked at the cake and baked goods {why I dont know they are my fav and I would go on a feeding frenzy if I even took a bite} said no to self and grabed a box of skinnie cow Icecream bars 140 cal...... even if you are running low on calories a healthier snack is better than the good I mean bad stuff yum.......... I do not say no to self easy but writing all my stuff in journal has really helped, I am also doing a challenge with some other MFP friends.............. you can do it if I can : >