Help me pick out my next tattoo...

Options
2»

Replies

• Barelmy
    Barelmy Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    You should get the line from Leviticus 19:28 which says, "Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print or tattoo any marks upon you: I am the Lord."

I'm fairly sure that can be interpreted as not getting any tattoos in remembrance of the dead, not no tattoos in general.

Leviticus is bull**** anyway, though. I think you should get something beautiful, that really sums up Christianity, rather than the bigotry often associated with it.
  • joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    Or...just get something that represents your kid!
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Or...just get something that represents your kid!

I was going to say anything that represents your family.
    Im personally fond of crown of thorns tats. :)
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    If you need help picking out one, you shouldn't be getting one, just sayin
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    You can always go with the Not of This World logo.
  • Karabobarra
    Karabobarra Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Timothy 1:7. God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
  • BuffTexan
    Options
    If you need help picking out one, you shouldn't be getting one, just sayin
    Good point. I kinda know what I want but what do they say... two heads are better than one? I just thought someone could come up with a "new" idea... something I didn't think of. Ya'll are a smart bunch here...
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    I always get the whole "your body is a temple" thing from my family anytime I went to do anything to my body. So....

Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies.1 Corinthians 6:19-20NIV

Maybe a version of that?