Required - experienced dieter for busy position...

Options
So here's an interesting discussion I had with a friend the other day. And I'll start the same one here:

We require an experienced dieter to work in a busy calorie counting environment.
Key skills include:
- minimum 5 years experience
- ability to use a computer and internet
- minimum 4 failed attempts
- must have experience in EXTREME measures
- fluent in the use of meal-replacement
(not all are requirements but are preferential)

Please include in your application details of previous experience (ie. South Beach, Lemon Detox, Weight Watchers, JennyCraig, Dr. Atkins etc.)

If there was an add in the paper, would you qualify - would you be able to say YEP I can apply for that job?

I think most people who have struggled with their weight could probably say YEP...
Sometimes we need to be reminded how "suitable" we really are to losing weight? I'd say most could say EXTREMELY suitable?

Once we stop looking for the magic potion that'll make us slim without having to change much or the newest diet which promises weight loss to be "Oh so easy", or the next treatment that's going to melt the fat from our bodies while we lie there....once we realize that none of these things exist then we accept the simple truth.

x Lose weight = calories in less than calories out
y Keep weight same = calories in equal to calories out
z Gain weight = calories in more than calories out

We probably gained weight because at some point we were doing (z), and if we eventualy stopped gaining we were doing (y), so now to lose weight we'd have to do (x) but probably only until we have lost the weight and then we can go back to (Y), most of us probably gain the weight back because we started doing (Z) again. Till the next time we have some success (coz we went back to doing (X)) Wouldn't it be cool to just do (Y) and stop going round & round & round.

That's all there is to it.

Replies

• joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    Nope, this is the fist time I've tried to lose weight, and I've lost 45lbs.

I'm finding this to be one of the easiest things I've ever done.

Oh, and I am a HUGE opponent of meal replacements.
  • Pinky67
    Pinky67 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    This is the most honest and true thing I have ever read!!!!!!!!!! All those cheat things ie: meal replacements etc...may work short term, if at all, but they don't fix the REAL problems.... In the end it is just simple science... We must be honest, brutally honest with ourselves....
    I spent 5months trying to diet, constantly falling on and off the wagon...and lost only 4kg...
    Then something CLICKED!!! I went on the lose over 12kg in 8weeks :) So what clicked? Honesty and science....There is the magic bullet and the secret to weightloss :bigsmile:

Thankyou for posting this Corby, you are a genius :love:
  • rschuurman
    Options
    Sooo true! It makes plenty of sense.

Barry Sears Zone diet on my reference list haha. It works like magic if you can stick to it, but the problem was it was too hard to stick to!