You smoothie ideas here...

Naomi_84
Naomi_84 Posts: 197 Member
edited October 3 in Food and Nutrition
When I think smoothe I think, banana, skimmed milk or yoghurt and some strawberries. Not very inspiring.

Any ideas for tasty filling smoothies, they can be quite calorific as I'm planning on having it as a whole meal

Thanks!

Replies

• RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Yoplait has a line of frozen smoothies that are guite tasty available now.
  • melanie3103
    melanie3103 Posts: 246 Member
    I end up going OTT putting in too many different fruits at once. When in fact there are a few fruits that "take over" so you dont need as many diff types as you would think. Unless you are desperate to up your fruit intake that is. I can do without the excess cals, and save for a glass of wine with my tea.. so I have thought long n hard about fruits that work well together, and those that overpower others (and therefore worthless mixing with others!).

I always use yoghurt, skimmed milk and a banana - but I like blueberries. This makes a nice mix.

PLUS - I play around with the yoghurt - I bought Danone fat-free flavoured varieties (they do a passion fruit, papaya and mango I think it is) and that is really good, with just a bit of extra fruit. Rather than a plain yoghurt.

Just a thought.. enjoy "playing"... :-)
  • ncwingnut71
    ncwingnut71 Posts: 292 Member
    A few of my favorites:

1/2 avocado
    t tbsp honey
    2 scoops sweet cream flavored protien powder
    (tastes like white cake mix)
    1 cup water
    ice

1 instant coffee packet
    1 tbsp no sugar chocolate syrup
    1 cup water
    ice

1 tbsp no sugar chocolate syrup
    1 banana
    1 cup water
    ice

1 cup Trader Joes Very Cherry Berry frozen fruit blend
    1 cup almond milk
    ice
  • mzprettiekittie
    mzprettiekittie Posts: 125 Member
    I used to make one with Semi Skimmed milk, a good hand full of frozen berries and a about 2 scoops of Ben n' Jerry's frozen yogurt, usually makes about 2 Smoothies .. and it's pretty good :smile:
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    bump :)
  • Hja4101
    Hja4101 Posts: 1 Member
    Chocolate is impotent too! Try 1cup of milk, a banana, 2tbsp chocolate syrup and 2tbsp peanut butter. Add some ice and blend! Yummy treat!
  • homemade almond milk, strawberries, handful of spinach and teaspoon of honey, few chia seeds and some flaxmeal.
  • http://www.dashingdish.com/2010/03/i-cant-believe-its-not-a-milkshake/

Someone once posted this site here on MFP, and OMG! there are so many yummy varieties. Sometimes when I use them for a snack, I cut the recipe in half. Strawberry cheesecake, Thin Mint, Mocha freeze ..... YUM!
This discussion has been closed.