Is anyone else going through this?? :D

Options
Okayyy, so I began my weight loss at 211 and now I am 158.4 and well, this is super hard to explain... but when i walk, and my legs barely touch- IT'S SOO WEIRD!!!!! Or if I am laying down and my legs touch- it feels different, I am not sure why! (Well, because of weight loss, but still lol.) I really hope I don't sound stupid! Oh! and before, I could never see the back of my legs when i turned around, now it's like "BOOM!" and I can see them! Anything you guys have noticed since you lost the weight? :)

Replies

• _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss! I cant say whether I had a similar experience, but great work anyway
  • leslielienau
    Options
    not exactly the same, but my bras are too big now:ohwell:
  • Peanutmanda
    Options
    I was 225 and i am also 158.4 today... Weird. lol.. I noticed those things too! I also have a bruise on my right knee where im used to knocking my knees together and now they are too boney to do that! Its a good pain. lol.

Congrats!!
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    I just had the realization that I can put on jeans and zip them up without having to "suck it in". Also, while back, I was bending over at the waist looking at my garden and put my hands on the back of my thighs for balance or something, and noticed this hard muscle that I didn't have before. I yelled to my husband.."honey....honey...you have to come and feel this!"..hahaha

The little things, right?

Congrats on all of your success so far...great work!
  • IWillWinSkinny
    IWillWinSkinny Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    YES! And if you're a prude don't read on......

At my smallest I had lost over 100lbs and when I bent over (imagine to touch your toes) I could see through a huge gap between my thighs which was never there when I was at my fattest.

Before I lost weight my thighs used to touch all the way down to my knees! I was so shocked because even though my clothes size had gone down to a UK size 8 - 10 It still never really felt like I looked any different - Until THAT moment! Cellulite had vanished completely and you could actually see where my back ended and my butt began! LOL
  • 1goodymom67
    Options
    I can't that has happened to me but my back side doesn't down to my knees(a little exaggeration). Also, I am wearing a pair a jeans that I bought a while back knowing that I could not fit into them. It has been a slow process for me but I am in for the long haul so I am totally ok with it, I have the rest of my life to get the most out of being in shape!! :happy:
  • Lets_Do_It
    Options
    I was 225 and i am also 158.4 today... Weird. lol.. I noticed those things too! I also have a bruise on my right knee where im used to knocking my knees together and now they are too boney to do that! Its a good pain. lol.

Congrats!!

That is strange! (the weight thing) Yeah, I totally understand that!
  • zoombie_bear
    zoombie_bear Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    not there just yet with the legs, getting there, the weight feeling I get is when I touch my forarms, all the veines there like I'm playing a string guitar, lol
  • helenoftroy1
    helenoftroy1 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    thumb indent - all my friends on mfp know this about me! I've always wanted the indent below my thumb and now I have one. I started off at 212lbs, and it is the little things that make you smile, like chaffing has gone, I have one chin, I can cross my legs properly.
    I'm so glad I found MFP. I've not looked back once and love my life now!
    :drinker:
  • Arynamber
    Arynamber Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Ive only lost about 15 pounds.. but I can cross my legs MUCH better now.
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. The other day I was taking a bath and I had my legs together and there was space between my thighs, :bigsmile: :bigsmile: Oh Happy day!!
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    thumb indent - all my friends on mfp know this about me! I've always wanted the indent below my thumb and now I have one. I started off at 212lbs, and it is the little things that make you smile, like chaffing has gone, I have one chin, I can cross my legs properly.

what do you mean by an indent below the thumb? I am staring at my thumbs trying to figure that out (I am either very slow, or it's too early).
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options

what do you mean by an indent below the thumb? I am staring at my thumbs trying to figure that out (I am either very slow, or it's too early).
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I was suprised by losing only 7 lbs or so that I went down two clothing sizes!!
  • LMorrison1009
    LMorrison1009 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Haha... My thighs still touch, but I know I'll feel a victory when I have collar bones. Same thing... Little things that make you realize how far you've come.
  • groomchick
    groomchick Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Tee Hee....nice when you can shave (down there) and actually see what you are doing!!!
  • naturallynikki
    Options
    I cannot wait for that to happen to me! I'm tired of having to buy new jeans because my thighs rub together and wear out the inner part of my jeans. LOL! Embarrasing!
  • helenoftroy1
    helenoftroy1 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    ha ha thumb indent is when you seperate your fingers and stretch your hand out you can see an indent running down from your thumb, Everyone has one but I didn't. It's the two tendons that run from your thumb.
    :0)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!