I'm going over on my protein....and not meeting carbs

Options
Hi! Can anyone help me with this? I have very few things on my diary - soy, black beans, yogurt and eggs and I'm still going over by about 16 points or so on protein. Also, I'm not close to meeting carbs either and I usually eat a ton (at least I always thought I did). What kind of things are low proteins and anyone have any good vegetarian ideas to get carbs? Thank you!

Replies

• morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Protien on MFP is set quite low you can change the ratio's

Home, goals , custom set carbs first then what ever you want set them as and save/change goals.
  • andyloosbrock
    andyloosbrock Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Um, I have never encountered anyone who wanted to lower their protein and up their carbs. So I'm not sure. I suppose like more pasta and stuff.

FYI: You can't really OD on protein.
  • Larius
    Larius Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Protien on MFP is set quite low you can change the ratio's

I fully agree. My ratios are in my sig.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    Yeah going over protein is not a bad thing, and being under carb isn't a bad thing either. Check your ratios, as long as you are losing weight then it's working for you. I personally do a 40%protein, 30%carb, and 30%fat ratio. There are all kinds of combinations just do what works for you.
  • ahavoc
    ahavoc Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I'm allergic/sensitive to wheat so I naturally eat very few carbs and lots of protein. I feel fuller and have more energy. I'd keep it up.
  • Allyson1985
    Options
    Going over in protein isn't bad. You're body still use what you need and you'll excrete the rest.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Hi! Can anyone help me with this? I have very few things on my diary - soy, black beans, yogurt and eggs and I'm still going over by about 16 points or so on protein. Also, I'm not close to meeting carbs either and I usually eat a ton (at least I always thought I did). What kind of things are low proteins and anyone have any good vegetarian ideas to get carbs? Thank you!

I found the same thing!! I've always thought I ate a high carb diet because I eat plenty of vegetables plus granola bars and brown rice most days. But when I started logging here I found that I was consistently over on protein and under on carbs. But honestly I've been eating this way so long with good health check-ups that I didn't want to make any changes.

Root vegetables such as carrots and beets are higher in carbs than green vegetables. Onions are a good source also. And fruit - grapes, dates, mango, banana, pears are some that have high carb counts.
  • MzMiller1215
    MzMiller1215 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about eating too much protein. Also, too many carbs will hinder you from losing stomach fat if that is something you are working toward.
  • luckyprincessmelody
    Options
    Wow - you're all so quick, lol! Thank you. I am nutritionally ignorant so I just thought they set up what I should be having for my goal weight. It's good to know I can come under on carbs and go over on protein and probably be ok. Thanks everyone for the quick info :) I'm just starting so it's nice to know I can ask a question without feeling stupid..
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    I changed my settings. My percentages are 40% carbs, 30% fat and 30% protein. It's a better ratio for me than 55% carbs. I lose more weight when I eat more protein.

It's a range, so set your percentages to what you feel comfortable with and what works best for you.