Advice on 30DS

Options
Hey everyone, I am on about Day 8 of Level 1 on 30DS. I have been doing it every other day, not every day. However, I'm running into a couple slight problems and I was wondering if anyone has any advice--

1) One of my wrists gets a sharp pain sometimes when I do the pushups. Is there a way to do pushups that is not as hard on the wrists?

2) For anything involving the knees, I get this weird "popping" feeling in one knee. I don't know what it is. It doesn't hurt necessarily, but I am just wondering if this is normal, or if my technique is off. Whenever I do the knee circles and the side lunges in particular, there is this weird little "pop" every time. I am doing my best to keep my knees from going over my toe, but I wonder if I'm still doing something wrong...?? (And don't worry, if it turns into any serious pain I will see a doc-- but right now it's just making me wonder if I'm doing the move incorrectly.)

Thanks for any input!

Replies

• laurad1406
    Options
    I broke my forearm last year and had surgery, so I can't do pushups yet. I lean on my forearms in a plank position and lower myself from there, or just hold the plank. I know it's not the same, but I am working on my wrist and forearm strength separately until I'm able to do them.

as for the knees....I have bad knees (my left one cracks everytime i run upstairs), and 30DS is rough on them. I'm doing the moves correctly as well, I think they're just weak. If you're not in pain, stick with it, but if it starts hurting or getting worse, see a doc.
  • lee112997
    Options
    Hey there!
    As far as push-ups go, try doing them with a dumbell or a push-up assist device. It keeps the wrists straight and avoids stressing the joint too much. As far as your knees, that may just be how they are. Have someone else take a look at your form when you are preforming the exercise and give you pointers as to how you are positioned. Unfortunatly, all of the creaks and groans can not be avoided as we age. Afterall, we are all a day older than yesterday!
  • Tiffany517
    Tiffany517 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    My knees do the same thing... L2D4 today... Level two i think think it's so tough on the knees as level one it's more in the thighs
  • lonnie26
    lonnie26 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    dont know if it will help but try doing wall push ups. it will at least work your arms and your abs slightly but wont be as stressful on your wrists hopefully :)
  • killerqueen17
    killerqueen17 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Good ideas everyone... thanks!