Need Help/Suggestions. 1)BFL vs BodyPump 2) fatigue

Options
Need some help.

Anyone who has ever done BodyForLife and BodyPump - could I sub BP for BFL upper body day? I feel like it works just about all your upper body muscles and its pretty high intensity.

Also, I can get over feeling slugglish the last couple days. Ive been eating right and exercising but I can barely get out of bed for my morning workouts. I would rather workout in the mornings before work because when I get off I dont feel like doing anything and I also have to study for the CPA exam.

Are there any supplements I can take that would help me get past this fatigue? My current daily pills are:

Fish oil, CLA, Biotin, OxyElite (2 before workout in am, 1 after lunch in pm), Womens 1 a day.

Any suggestions are appreciated!!!!

Replies

• morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Are you eating your exercise calories? you may need to eat more -When you exercise this puts you at a deficit. It seems like a lot of people do better when they eat their recommended allowance PLUS their exercise calories. oh and water , water, water!!!

So now we can figure out where your goal should be.
    Go to the tools section and figure out your BMI:

Generally someone with a BMI over 32 can do a 1000 calorie a day (2 lbs a week) deficit
    With a BMI of 30 to 32 a deficit of 750 calories is generally correct (about 1.5 lbs a week)
    With a BMI of 28 to 30 a deficit of 500 calories is about right (about 1 lb a week)
    With a BMI of 26 to 28 a deficit of about 300 calories is perfect (about 1/2 lb a week)
    and below 26... well this is where we get fuzzy. See now you're no longer talking about being overweight, so while it's still ok to have a small deficit, you really should shift your focus more towards muscle building, and reducing fat. This means it is EXTRA important to eat your exercise calories as your body needs to KNOW it's ok to burn fat stores, and the only way it will know is if you keep giving it the calories it needs to not enter the famine response (starvation mode).

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10589-for-those-confused-or-questioning-eating-your-exercise-calo
  • maemiller
    maemiller Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    ive been on BFL for years and do BP. Yes you can do BP for you upper body workout. I dont follow the workouts to a T, but i do cardio/XT/strength training that fits my schedule and what feels right for me

You shouldnt feel sluggish on the BFL if youre eating the right food combos. Are you eating all your exercise calories back? Are you doing strenous workouts everyday? any rest days? I take a pre and post workout drinks, protien drink and glucosamine tabs and thats it and i dont feel sluggish or tired.
  • thesweatybetty
    thesweatybetty Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    No, I'm not eating all my calories. I struggle to eat all the ones I'm suppose to even before a workout, I feel full all day. I am doing pretty good getting the right protein - carb ratios, getting in my veggies, and my healthy fat. And I'm getting about 5, 24 oz bottles of water in a day, so I know I'm hydrated. I guess I need to start eating more, blah haha.