Upside Down menu

I have come to the conclusion that I'm consuming my calories in an upside down manner. I need to eat more of my calories in the AM so that I don't eat junk and stuff through the day... and then have a smallish dinner.... maybe even replace those stuffing dinner meals with the smallish bowl of cereal I usually try to kickstart my day with.

I need some GREAT breakfast ideas - something that's easy to do (especially since I'm usually out the door at about 4AM...

any help would be great!
TIA
Sherry

Replies

• Juliebean_1027
    Juliebean_1027 Posts: 713 Member
    What about an at home breakfast sandwich? An english muffin, a couple slices of bacon or turkey bacon or ham, an egg, and a slice of cheese. You can adjust it to make it higher or lower in calories, depending on what you like. I typically go with the high fiber english muffin, a slice of 2% cheese, one egg "fried" with a spray of Pam and seasonings, and 2 pieces of turkey bacon. You can make the bacon ahead of time and just re-warm it in the mornings. Or you can always go with the same english muffin, spread a tablespoon of peanut butter on it, and slice a banana and eat it like a sandwich. That's usually me 'dessert' english muffin.
  • tdmcmains
    tdmcmains Posts: 227 Member
    I am in love with this oatmeal/pear/raspberry loaf thing. Seriously. Love.
    http://www.thekitchn.com/thekitchn/make-ahead/hunk-o-fruit-bill-grangers-oat-pear-and-raspberry-loaf-043490
    it's not exactly low-cal but it is filling...
  • Gdzgal771
    Gdzgal771 Posts: 152 Member
    i agree though i usually do it WRONG!! :(:frown: :frown:

breakfast: eat like a QUEEN:bigsmile:

lunch eat like a princess:bigsmile:

dinner eat like a pauper:smile:

i think it works best since we are usually less active later in the day..:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: