What's on Your Playlist?

My best tool in a really good workout is a great playlist. The music keeps your blood flowing and gives you something to keep the beat to, if that's your thing. I wrote about this in by blog, but wanted to get public feedback too. My workout playlist is an embarrassing assortment of Hip-Hop and Techno-Thump remixes of many songs that were bad to begin with! I can't stand them in the car, but I love them on the treadmill. I'll show you mine if you show me yours...what are some of your favorite songs to work out to that you're kind of embarrassed to admit you have?

Mine:
The Ting Tings--Shut Up and Let Me Go
Natasha Bedingfield--Pocketful of Sunshine
Brittney Spears--Womanizer
Beyonce--Single Ladies
Eminem(remix)--'Til I collapse
Katy Perry--Hot n Cold
Lil'Wayne & Kevin Rudolf--Let it Rock
Gwen Stefani--Hollaback Girl
Pink--U and Ur hand
Charlie Daniels Band--Devil Went Down to Georgia (That's a switch from the others, I know)
Buck Cherry--Crazy B* (Censored--I don't want to get kicked out of the message boards!!)

What songs get your workout going?

Replies

• My best tool in a really good workout is a great playlist. The music keeps your blood flowing and gives you something to keep the beat to, if that's your thing. I wrote about this in by blog, but wanted to get public feedback too. My workout playlist is an embarrassing assortment of Hip-Hop and Techno-Thump remixes of many songs that were bad to begin with! I can't stand them in the car, but I love them on the treadmill. I'll show you mine if you show me yours...what are some of your favorite songs to work out to that you're kind of embarrassed to admit you have?

Mine:
    The Ting Tings--Shut Up and Let Me Go
    Natasha Bedingfield--Pocketful of Sunshine
    Brittney Spears--Womanizer
    Beyonce--Single Ladies
    Eminem(remix)--'Til I collapse
    Katy Perry--Hot n Cold
    Lil'Wayne & Kevin Rudolf--Let it Rock
    Gwen Stefani--Hollaback Girl
    Pink--U and Ur hand
    Charlie Daniels Band--Devil Went Down to Georgia (That's a switch from the others, I know)
    Buck Cherry--Crazy B* (Censored--I don't want to get kicked out of the message boards!!)

What songs get your workout going?
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Tons of Paul Van *kitten* and DJ Tiesto, great for running, makes you wanna do the punching fist thing.
  • logiesmom
    logiesmom Posts: 142
    I have these:

Muse - Supermassive black hole
    Lady GaGa- Just dance
    Britney Spears (yes, I know) - Circus
    ScissorSisters-Don't feel like dancing
    Gap Band - You dropped the bomb on me

Things like that. I'm looking for something new to add on there. Any help?
  • naugustyniak
    naugustyniak Posts: 836 Member
    Mine is really sad.....I was just thinking about adding some stuff today....here we go

Dierks Bentley--What was I thinkin
    Fergie--London Bridge
    Guns N Roses--Sweet Child O' Mine
    Katy Perry--I kissed a girl
    Pink--So What
    Prince--Kiss
    Shania Twain--Man I Feel Like A Woman
    Travis Tritt- TROUBLE
    Aerosmith--Walk This Way
    Blackeyed Peas--My Style
    Prince--LOVE
    Rob Thomas--Smooth
    INXS--I Need You Tonight
    and the worst one of all
    N'SYNC---DIRTY POP!!!

24587.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • When I'm looking for new playlist inspiration I go to Women's Health online, they have a whole section of workout playlists. They have professional athletes' playlists (or playlists staff writers made up and passed off for pro athletes, whatever works) and different playlists for different types of workouts.

http://www.womenshealthmag.com/fitness/playlists

If you're not already familiar with this website / magazine, it's a GODSEND! My boyfriend got me into it because he reads Men's Health, which is practially the same thing. :-)

One more thing...The Ramones are particularly good for me. (Rock n Roll High School, Blitzkreig Bop, etc.)

Happy Hunting
    Maggie
  • I LOVE Sweet Child 'O Mine--VERY good workout song. I didn't think about NSYNC, but since I STILL HAVE ONE OF THEIR CD'S (for shame! :noway: ) I should check that out.

Prince is good too, I'm going to have to add some of him to my mix.

Thanks,
    Maggie
  • logiesmom
    logiesmom Posts: 142
    Oooo another good one is Fergalicious.
  • DaisyJane
    DaisyJane Posts: 147 Member
    Leftfield is excellent for running to! Especially Release the Pressure- recommend the Leftism album.

Any hard house gets the old heart rate up as well (not happy hardcore though... that would make me want to jog off a cliff...)
  • naugustyniak
    naugustyniak Posts: 836 Member
    OH THANK GOODNESS NO ONE GAVE ME GRIEF OVER N'SYNC.....:laugh:
  • lietee
    lietee Posts: 189 Member
    my fav song right now is Decode by paramore!! TWILIGHT :) Love Bella and Edward
  • hibbler22
    hibbler22 Posts: 339 Member
    Too many to name lol....but mostly Rap some R&B nothing sad all upbeat. And I also have a kickboxing cd added to my list, and thats real upbeat! But I like that song Let It Rock too! :wink:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    prodigy is pretty awesome, they have two really good ones, "breathe" and "firestarter". also a super great song called "let me think about it" by Ida Corr, which I never heard of before and someone on another thread recommended and now it is my FAVORITE!

hmmm. what else....

rock is dead by Marilyn manson, also Beautiful people, by same

my humps, fergie, and fergalicious,

green day- longview and brain stew,

beyonce- check up on it,

rihanna- SOS, pon de replay

lady gaga - just dance
  • madonna hung up
    goldfrapp strict machine
    to name a couple
  • jadaigle
    jadaigle Posts: 161 Member
    Lots of Van Halen: Ice Cream Man and I'm the One are best for sprints.