how often should i weight myself?

Options
ive been doing it about twice a week, but when i weigh myself this often i see such a little weight loss its sometimes discouraging. then again i dont know if i can wait a whole week, im not sure which way is best. any advice?

Replies

• joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    Weigh yourself once a week on the same day in the morning on an empty stomach after you do your business.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I do once a month, and (so far) I've seen nice/substantial losses every time. :-)
  • moushtie
    moushtie Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    There's no "should". If seeing the scale moving so slowly is getting to you, then sure, don't weigh so often. On the other hand, some people like the focus that weighing regularly gives them. You know yourself best, so do what you think will be best for you.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself almost every day and I celebrate every 0.2 loss I see. LOL I weigh in the morning *preferrably* before having eaten and after having gone to the bathroom. Sometimes I don't see a loss, but I have this thing where I write down my weights but I *only* write them down the days that they show lower than the previous recorded weight. Sometimes it will fluctuate a bit just based on whatever is in your body at the time that you weigh. I don't let that get me down b/c normally after a couple of days of the scale showing no loss, it will 'catch up' and suddenly show the loss I was expecting.. :-) A lot of people recommend weighing only once a week but I just can't make myself wait that long. LOL
  • Gail3260
    Gail3260 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    There's no "should". If seeing the scale moving so slowly is getting to you, then sure, don't weigh so often. On the other hand, some people like the focus that weighing regularly gives them. You know yourself best, so do what you think will be best for you.

I totally agree. I weigh every day because it works for me. Try different intervals and what works best. Always make it the same time of day though.
  • ianfoster
    Options
    OK I think this can work, works for me, weight yourself on Friday mornings only, heres the reason, I tend to indulge at the weekend and Mondays weigh is........................yuk.....work out/do your thing Mon to Fri and you will weigh your best on Friday morn! hope this helps
  • horaks
    horaks Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I weigh once a week-Friday
    Think of it this way if you belonged to Weight Watchers or any of those, they have you weigh in once a week
  • phocid
    phocid Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm currently weighing once a week, but I'm considering going to every 2 weeks or even every month. I'm trying to be more in-tune with my daily choices and not letting the scale "ruin" an otherwise good week. :)
  • Miggy52
    Miggy52 Posts: 164
    Options
    I agree...weighing once a week is better than daily..mind you the first thing I do in the mornng is....you guessed it get on the scales...Im going to have to stop doing that...as it discourages me ...lol...sometimes Im my own worst enemy when it comes to the scales....guess I should just put them away...maybe even buy a new battery for it...lol..
  • SandraCmo
    Options
    I use to weigh myself every Monday morning when I get up and after using the restroom. This week tho I have done it everyday so far and I am glad I did because I see a small weight loss and that just gives me the urge to push harder so it will be even smaller on Monday morning.
  • Sarahp0903
    Options
    I am obcessed with weighing. I weigh twice a day. morning and night. :embarassed: I will only log my weight on here once a week though. Since I weighed today it will be wednesdays
  • tiggerbounce411
    tiggerbounce411 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Once a week is what I do, in the morning wearing basically the same kind of clothing. That way you will see results and you will not fluctuate using similar clothing or nothing at all..lol. Don't be discouraged..the little things are what add up to the big stuff. Anything forward is a step gained. Good luck to you!!
  • czechsmate
    czechsmate Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    once a week - same day same time each morning before I eat or drink anything
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    I am obcessed with weighing. I weigh twice a day. morning and night. :embarassed: I will only log my weight on here once a week though. Since I weighed today it will be wednesdays

Same here....and this obsessiveness keeps me on track! A good morning weight makes me work out hard, and a not-so-good one makes me work out even harder to compensate.

Whatever works for you is what's best.
  • Jennifernellwebb
    Jennifernellwebb Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    My hubby hid my scales, at first..........but then, when he gave them back the first time, they have stayed out every since....BUT.....in doing so, I have been able to see that once you start eating and drinking, that fluctuates your "true" weight so I don't even bother weighing myself after my first morning weigh in. Go potty first. I usually only log my weight change in once a week...on Sundays or Mondays because if I was a middle of the week weigh in person, I would show little , if any results because I know that I would totally blow my progress over the week~end. That is "my personal" self~control and discipline........others have much better will power. If you don't trust yourself.........don't tempt yourself. My motto! Good luck to you!
  • ConnieM20
    ConnieM20 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    thanks for all the advice! i appreciate it