Eating after late night softball?

Good morning MFPers! :smile:

I recently joined my work softball team. Our first game is tonight and i couldn't be more excited! Practice went really well yesterday and I was proud of myself despite not being very active for the past 2 years.

The thing is that our games start between 6:30pm-9pm and go for an hour.

I'm trying to decide when to eat on game day because I know I'll be hungry after playing!

Maybe late lunch, a snack before the game, then eat dinner after? Or, early lunch, dinner before the game, snack after? I just don't know!

So I was hoping for some advice/tips on what times to eat, and maybe even some good snack suggestions?

Thank you so so much!

Replies

• vaderandbill
    vaderandbill Posts: 1,063 Member
    I would eat dinner before and a high protein snack afterwards. I'd avoid a bunch of sugars/carbs to prevent an insulin spike
  • I would eat dinner before and a high protein snack afterwards. I'd avoid a bunch of sugars/carbs to prevent an insulin spike

I agree with this post! Besides, if you eat before you will have more energy and stamina to hit the ball over the fence! :laugh:
  • stroutman81
    stroutman81 Posts: 2,474 Member
    I don't think it'll matter much as long as your calories and nutrients are in check. Test the waters and see what sits best with you. Insulin isn't going to make you fat in the absence of a calorie surplus.