how do i not go over daily sugar???

Options
there are 2 things i usually eat for breakfast.

1. Maple and Brown Sugar Oatmeal
2. Maple and Brown Sugar mini wheats

both of these squash my sugar allowance for the day.

what else is high in fiber but doesn't have so much sugar?
and is 30 per day rght for sugar? i go over that so easily!!!!!!

Replies

• SaraWojcik19
    SaraWojcik19 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    there are 2 things i usually eat for breakfast.

1. Maple and Brown Sugar Oatmeal
    2. Maple and Brown Sugar mini wheats

both of these squash my sugar allowance for the day.

what else is high in fiber but doesn't have so much sugar?
    and is 30 per day rght for sugar? i go over that so easily!!!!!!
  • SJK72
    SJK72 Posts: 10
    Options
    Unless you are diabetic as long as you are not eating a giant candy bar every day I wouldn’t worry about the sugar. Calorie’s in and calorie’s burned is what is going to get you to your goal.
  • SaraWojcik19
    SaraWojcik19 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    ok thanks. i am not diabetic but i thought it was probably wise to watch sugar too as i knowit isn't good to have too much.
  • jennlos
    jennlos Posts: 200
    Options
    They also have low sugar oatmeal that you can try if you still want to watch your sugar. If it taste too bland then add a splenda packet thats what I do.
  • hdtoolgirl
    hdtoolgirl Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Quaker does make a low sugar Oatmeal in the Maple Brown Sugar Flavor. It does not compromise the taste at all! I enjoy either that or the High fiber variety.
  • mrwatson
    Options
    I am watching my sugar too. I have been trying to eat "clean" and that has helped some. There are several threads about clean eating, so check them out.

I am finding that I still tend to go over the recommended limit on sugar even when I cut out the processed foods with sugar. I have been amazed to see the sugar content in apples, oranges, and other fruits.

I have been losing weight even though I have been over the limit on sugar everyday. I think my body is responding better to natural sugar than it did to the processed sugar.

You might want to think about switching to plain oatmeal and/or mini wheats and adding your own flavorings so that you can better control what goes in to your food. I have enjoyed slicing up fruit to add to oatmeal and cereal. Sometimes, I will add honey. Other times, I think I MUST have the sugar and I will add a little of it, usually less than what the manufacturers put in it. Again, the clean eating club can give you a ton of ideas.