Weight loss during pregnancy??

Options
2»

Replies

• tina2222
    Options
    please dont try and lose weight during pregnancy, just aim to maintain your current weight, because when the baby comes out you will end up weighing less anyway. i gained 30kg/66lbs during pregnancy and turned out 20kg/44lbs was water weight! (i peed it all out in like two weeks lol) so i had only gained 10kg throughout the whole pregnancy which is recommended. Please just try to maintain - if you breastfeed you will lose weight quickly with a healthy diet anyway.
  • killerqueen17
    killerqueen17 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    please dont try and lose weight during pregnancy, just aim to maintain your current weight, because when the baby comes out you will end up weighing less anyway. i gained 30kg/66lbs during pregnancy and turned out 20kg/44lbs was water weight! (i peed it all out in like two weeks lol) so i had only gained 10kg throughout the whole pregnancy which is recommended. Please just try to maintain - if you breastfeed you will lose weight quickly with a healthy diet anyway.

I have heard that even maintaining during pregnancy can cause problems-- risk of an underweight/premature baby, for one. She really just needs to talk to her doctor ASAP.
  • jmc111
    Options
    I understand how you feel - Being pregnant doesn't make us feel the best, but it is not healthy for your baby for you to try to lose weight during this time in your life! Eat healthy. That`s all you can do. You may come out of it without gaining the full 25-35lbs, which, as long as you are eating well, and giving your baby everything it needs, would probably not be a bad thing, but you certainly should not lose anything. Take this time not to worry about your weight too much. Don't go crazy, but you have time to lose weight later. This time is about being healthy, and taking care of yourself and that beautiful baby!
    Congratulations, and don't sweat the weight right now. Enjoy it ;)
  • GMCampos
    Options
    I went to Savannah yesterday.. stayed the night.. and when I weighed today I had lost 7 pounds. I usually weigh naked, but I was fully clothed when I weighed. I didn't even keep on the diet while I was away! I didn't really do any kind of activity either... and even had pizza twice.. then a fried chicken sandwich.. and a free ice cream included!! I feel accomplished. :)