rainy, gloomy weather - am I very strange?

Options

Replies

• KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options
    nope! Not strange at all! I live for the weather of the fall season! It's my favorite time of year!! Doom and Gloom! Love it!

YES!!! FALL, MY ABSOLUTE FAVE SEASON!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Rain Clouds...every silver lining has one
  • KatieJane83
    Options
    We have something in common, I honestly enjoy it a lot!! Happy Healthy Journey!:):) Pleasure to meet you!! Have a great Day!!

Pleasure to meet you too! Always nice to find others with similar tastes!
  • StarGeezer
    Options
    Absolutely love rainy, dreary weather! And thunderstorms, especially at night... it's like a lullaby! Puts me right to sleep! :)
  • KatieJane83
    Options
    You are not the only one. I specifically love thunderstorms.

Yes, I absolutely LOVE thunderstorms. They never last long enough for me though! :cry: lol
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    I also LOVE rainy/gray/sad weather. It has dymanics to it and the smell is amazing. Plus I love walking in it if it's not too much of a down pour. Rain brings life! Plus you get an excuse to wear a super cute coat, boots, and carry around an umbrella. We never get it here as we are in a desert... :( I also love snow as at night it lights up the area and looks so magical. It's also super quiet and makes everything look so beautiful.
  • Cakepiebeer
    Options
    nope! Not strange at all! I live for the weather of the fall season! It's my favorite time of year!! Doom and Gloom! Love it!

And big fat warm waterproof coats with deep hoods !!
  • AnthonyCampbell
    Options
    I am more of a sunshine and blue skies type of guy myself, but as everyone knows there must be rain in order for things to grow. Here in Detroit we should know, I just mowed some wet grass, but it was the only time I had to do so. From what the meteorologist are saying, we will not see sunshine and blue skies until possibly Monday, so I guess any day you can enjoy at all is great.:happy: :happy: :happy:
  • Splinkysgirl2
    Options
    I don't mind them if the temperature is warm and slightly humid. I don't like cold rainy days.
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    LOVE thunder storms, and even the mild/moderate hurricane.....the energy that comes off those storms is almost cleansing....
  • KatieJane83
    Options
    Don't know that I get quite as thrilled as you over a rainy, dreary, glooomy day but there is something relaxing about them to me as well.

Yes, so very relaxing and soothing. Although I get pretty excited about thunderstorms!
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    i ♥ rain/sleet/snow/drizzle/ice/precipitation in all its wonderfully glorious forms :)

i also love cold weather and night time. not so much a fan of the sunshine hahaha!
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    So I'm kinda bored at work right now, and I was inspired by the weather here right now.

I absolutely LOVE gray, dreary, drizzly, cloudy, rainy weather! If there's a streak of gloomy, rainy days I'm happy as can be! And if there's a thunderstorm I'm positively giddy! Lol

This is not to say I don't also love beautiful, sunny days but anytime it's the kind of weather when everyone else is grumbling, I'm thrilled!

So, am I very strange? Are there any others out there who share my affinity for depressing weather?

preach it!!! i LOVE rainy and gloomy.

mind you, i'm very photosensitive, so there is a REASON. i like not being in pain b/c there's a lot of sun.
  • KatieJane83
    Options
    I absoluely love thunder storms, rainy weather and even SNOW! I think I might be stranger than you.....I actually hate it when spring time starts. I always look forwrd to the fall!!!!!

Spring is probably my least favorite season, lol
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    I love dreary weather. I really like to run in the rain, it's so refreshing!
  • rgibswilg
    rgibswilg Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    LOL!! Come live in Seattle! We can work out together--IN THE RAIN!!! :)
  • KatieJane83
    Options

And big fat warm waterproof coats with deep hoods !!

Absofrickinlutely! So cozy! I also enjoy taking walks in the rain with a bright red umbrella. I love the contrast and being under the umbrella is like being in my own little world. Not much can beat being by a nice window with an awesome book!
  • KatieJane83
    Options
    LOL!! Come live in Seattle! We can work out together--IN THE RAIN!!! :)

Hey Robin! Sounds like a plan. Lmao!
  • brattyworm
    brattyworm Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    i have come to better enjoy a gloomy day now that I dont live where its like that 9 months out of the year. I can handle one or two a year, but give me sunshine and bright over cloud and gloomy any day.