Whatcha reading?

Replies

• mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Obama Zombies by Jason Mattera.
  • Queen_JessieA
    Queen_JessieA Posts: 1,059 Member
    Right now I am trying to finish up Sherrilyn Kenyon's Dream and Dark Hunter series. Almost done and then I can move on :) I want to read The Uglies next (a series). I have had several people recommend it.
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Just finished reading : We have always lived in the Castle by Shirley Jackson...Great classic novel, and Shirley 1st (I think it was written around 1962

Halfway through Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs.....awesome book so far....
    At the same time I am reading Soulless by Gail Carriger.....Its a series, and love it so far...

And I have my large stack of Halloween books to read:
    ♥ Halloween: A compilation of awesome Horror Novelist including Ray Bradbury
    ♥ The Halloween Tree by Ray Bradbury
    ♥ Deadly Treats....Short stories themed around Halloween
    ♥ Dark Harvest by Norman Partridge

I am a totally book *kitten*:ohwell:
  • MayMaydoesntrun
    MayMaydoesntrun Posts: 805 Member
    Right now I am trying to finish up Sherrilyn Kenyon's Dream and Dark Hunter series. Almost done and then I can move on :) I want to read The Uglies next (a series). I have had several people recommend it.
    The Uglies are awesome..you'll love em!
  • Myst: The Book of Atrus is what I'm currently reading right now. I started it years ago when I first got it, but for some reason never finished it. So, I picked it up again and once I'm done, plan to read the other two books in this series.
  • MayMaydoesntrun
    MayMaydoesntrun Posts: 805 Member
    I'm currently reading The Wrong Hostage by Elizabeth Lowell. So far, I'm enjoying it! I also have One Summer by David Baldacci..my mom said it would make me cry..I don't want to cry so I haven't started it.
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    On occasions when I get time, I read the Linux Administration Handbook. I like the way it's structured. Interesting stuff
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    I got caught up in re-reading the Valdemar books by Mercedes Lackey... in whatever order the library could find them for me; which equals totally random order. LOL.

While I was waiting for this last batch, I reread World War Z.
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,585 Member
    Currently reading The House On The Strand by Daphne Du Maurier. We holidayed in Tywardreath, Cornwall this year and that is where it's set - feels strange to be able to imagine roads being taken and the beach as it is now.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    "Meditations on Violence: A Comparison of Martial Arts Training & Real World Violence"
    Should arrive by mail today.
  • VelvetKey
    VelvetKey Posts: 193 Member
    Myst: The Book of Atrus is what I'm currently reading right now. I started it years ago when I first got it, but for some reason never finished it. So, I picked it up again and once I'm done, plan to read the other two books in this series.

Awesome. I am currently replaying through Myst IV; I shall have to see if the library around here has those books.

I am attempting to finish the core Honor Harrington series by David Weber. I am now on "At All Costs" which is the next-to-last that he's written (so far). I haven't decided if I want to branch out into the rest of the 'Honorverse' yet.

And after I've gone through those, I have the first two books of the Belisarius waiting for me; they're on loan from a friend and am told I will enjoy them very much.
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Reading the final book of Stephen King's "Dark Tower" series.
    Fascinating - he's an awesome writer!
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    I'm reading a bunch of psychology applied behavior analysis related textbooks, books, and journal articles.
    But for leisure read- any suggestions? I love to read but I need to find the time to read more for leisure... Lol I need a break from reading books related to my career path lol

I'd recommend anything by Jodi Piccoult - her stories are true-to-life, interesting, honest, and intriguing - but are quick reads and will take your mind off of 'career' reading!
  • BrendarB
    BrendarB Posts: 2,770 Member
    Currently re-reading the Dragons of the Hourglass Mage, also started The High Lord (The Black Magician trilogy), Ships of Magic, The Orc King (transitions 1).
  • h3h8m3
    h3h8m3 Posts: 455 Member
    Reading the final book of Stephen King's "Dark Tower" series.
    Fascinating - he's an awesome writer!

My favorite book in my favorite series. The transformation Steven King went through from Book 1 to Book 7 is as fascinating (and reflected by) the transformations of the characters. It also helps that I grew up reading the books, so my tastes and style changed along with the series.

I can't recommend that series strongly enough. Some people have to struggle through book 1, as it's really not as good. But by the end everyone loves it.
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,283 Member
    I second the rec for the Dark Tower series.

I just finished Game of Thrones and Interworld (by Neil Gaiman, a YA novel.) I'm slogging through Quinn by Iris Johanson...I'm determined to find out who really killed Eve's stupid daughter, then I'll be done with them! Ugh!
  • treehugginpam
    treehugginpam Posts: 1,129 Member
    Right now I'm reading "Prince of Tides" and I'm really liking it....much better than the movie. I just put "Those Across the River" on my to-read list; it sounds good!!
  • Christmas Train by David Baldacci.
  • ASPhantom
    ASPhantom Posts: 637 Member
    The Maximum Ride Series. I'm on Book 4.
  • Have you read "False Memory" by Dean Koontz????? Seriously gave me anxiety attacks it was so scary. I had to throw the book away just to get it out of my house!

That's when I was slightly younger. Now I'm reading "Mere Christianity", but not sure if I can say that here.....

I have not read False Memory, I will definitely check it out. I've read a lot of Dean Koontz before and he's definitely pretty creepy.

I would recommend "Those Across the River" by Christopher Buehlman to anyone who's a fan of horror. It's apparently his first novel, and for a first novel, it's really well done. I'm looking forward to see if he keeps going!