Vegetarian Recipies

Options
Hej alle(:
I've been vegetarian for two years and its really helped me slim down all in all but I'm looking for some new ones to spice things up. Any suggestions? Vegan is good too!!

Replies

• Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    I just posted this on someone elses thread

You could do acorn squash bowls, cut one in half ,scoop out seends then put a little evoo and salt on it, also cut the bottoms just so when you flip them over they will sit flat you don't have to cut much , first lay halved side down on foil in oven on 375 until tender check with fork. Then I flip it over and stuff it with, a rice,cheese, bean,corn, sometimes stuffing mixture, whatever sounds good to you, you can pack it and I usually have a big mound on the top, it'll stiffen up and be glued by the cheese. then I bake again until the cheese is melted and a little crusty. You can eat everything but the skin, YUM!
  • tikikris
    tikikris Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Have you tried the Vegetarian Times website? Also, one of my all-time favorite cookbooks is the Moosewood Cookbook. I've been vegetarian for 26 years, and I like the challenge of using "regular" recipes and making them vegan or vegetarian.
  • xhaller
    Options
    I posted this in another forum. I can't get enough of it. Now with leftovers on hand, I am totally looking forward to lunch!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/343828-if-you-love-sweet-potatoes
  • elfy66
    elfy66 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    There are some nice recipes here, not especially low fat but you can modify:

http://www.veg-world.com/recipes/walnut-loaf.htm
  • stefchica
    stefchica Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    1 can pumpkin puree
    1/2 onion chopped
    1 tomato diced
    2 tbsp cumin
    1 jalapeno (optional)
    1 tbsp cayenne (optional)
    2 cups lentils rinsed and rocks picked out
    2 cups broth (you can use just veggie broth)
    1 carrot diced
    salt to taste
    pepper

fry up the onions, carrots, tomato with some oil and jalapenos if using, sautee till onions are golden brown. stir in spices, then add in pumpkin, broth, lentils, salt and pepper and let it cook until the lentils are cooked, then enjoy over some rice or alone. soo nummy
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    While it's vegan, it's also delicious.... The Appetite for Reduction cookbook. Everything I have tried from it is good and easy.
  • catintheshell
    Options
    making this today- http://www.vegetariantimes.com/recipes/10932

i only use 12 oz. of beer, and add a lot more veggies, as well as some mushrooms for a nice "chewiness". i like to serve it on top of steamed brown rice with some Greek yogurt (in place of sour cream).

so good! and honestly, you can replace the beer with any amber to dark ale. hell, you could probably leave the beer out and it'd still be delicious. the beer just adds a nice smokiness to the flavor.

i use VegWeb a lot, as well as the Vegetarian Times recipe finder. :)