lose 5 Pounds A Month October 2011 Challenge

Options

Replies

• WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    I'm away from my own scale for another week, and the scale here shows a three pound difference or so. I will be weighing myself as soon as I get back and posting then. I'm really curious as to how I'm doing! Oh well, at least it keeps me from weighing every day.
  • hrobinson416
    hrobinson416 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Well I have lost 5 lbs for the month of October and 7.75 inches so far. Hoping something more happens over this last week of October. ;-\
  • getsexymarylou
    getsexymarylou Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Count me in too!!!!
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I'm trying very hard not to overeat today... The last few days have been tough, and I feel like I've been "feeding the cold"... All I want is comfort food when I'm feeling crappy, and that is not helping the scale any. :grumble:

I'm with ya on this one! Something about October that makes me want to eat and eat and eat! Lets punch October in the face instead! :flowerforyou:
  • dmgaloha
    dmgaloha Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    My punches are flailing, but not hitting the target... :tongue:
    Only a few days left to get my act together. I haven't eaten any halloween treats yet (miracle of miracles), but have somehow made up for it with other foods. Sometimes with silly things I don't even normally eat, like crackers...
  • UCONNCOED
    UCONNCOED Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone,

Only a few days left in October. I hope everyone is losing- WHICH I DID NOT this month. I did a whole lot of gaining because I went of vacation and now I am super busy with work and school.

I've been trying to "JUICE" fruits and vegetables for most of the day and eat only small amount of something for lunch and dinner. I was up like 5 pounds for the month. I'm hoping this helps. I need to be back on track
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

I am still here I just have been soooo busy. I think since school started I have had something almost every night of the week. I also had 2 new infants start my home daycare so work has been really stressful and crazy busy also.

I have not had a great loss nor gain this month. With all the activity and stress I am surprised that I did not gain.

I have not been getting any exercise other than making sure I park far away from wherever I have to be and walking through the parking lot.

Now that fall sports are over maybe I can catch up with everyone and all the posts.

I just started the page for the November challenge. I know it is early but I have a few minutes while the babies are sleeping.

Here is the link for November

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/378682-lose-5-pounds-a-month-november-2011-challenge

SEE YOU THERE ON TUESDAY!

Terri
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    Boo. :/ I had sinus issues for almost 2 full weeks and now I have a chest cold. No Half Marathon Training for me yesterday or today and it's killing me to not get out and run. Wow, did that really just come out of my mouth?! Yes, yes it did! I really enjoy jogging, running, whatever ya wanna call it. I missed 10miles so far of training, but I'm up almost 14 from the first 8weeks, so I'm almost averaged out, but still.

Nothing but, water, oj, oatmeals, soups and chilli for me for the next day or so.

I have my first Halloween 5k with my brother, Tyler (his first!) and I CANNOT miss it. Off to sleep some more.
  • 4littlemonkeys
    Options
    My start weight is

SW Oct 1: 61.1kg (134.7lb)
    Oct 6: 60kg (132.2lb)
    Oct 14: 59.9kg(132.05lb)
    Oct 21: 59.6kg (131.3lb)
    Oct 28: 59.6kg (131.3lb) no change this week.

3.4lbs (1.5kg) down, so close!
    GW 59kg (129.7lb)
  • achasnis
    achasnis Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    SW: 158.6
    Today: 155.2

Down 3.4, doesn't look like I am going to make 5... But I sure am going to try for 4!!!
  • theresamommyof4
    theresamommyof4 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    SW: 158.6
    Today: 155.2

Down 3.4, doesn't look like I am going to make 5... But I sure am going to try for 4!!!

You're doing great! And you never know! You might be surprised!
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    10/7: 144.8
    10/14:143.7
    10/21:145.1
    10/28:145.1

:explode: Wrong direction! :grumble:
  • lilyinlove
    lilyinlove Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I am in again!

SW 192
    Sat Oct.1
    /
    Sat Oct 8
    /
    Sat Oct 15
    /
    Sat Oct 22
    /

Wow never kept up with the posting but today I am 185.8!! Woot woot!!
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    My last weigh in for this month.. now 11 st 3 (157lbs) .. not bad as I had TOTM this week.. gained 4lbs and lost 5lb so 1 lb lighter than I was before they started! :happy:
  • gashinshotan
    gashinshotan Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Started MFP 10/20 - 179.6
    10/28 -172.8

6.8lbs

I just started running and my diet was super bad before I started MFP so its probably water weight from dropping all the salty foods
  • evelyngrice
    evelyngrice Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Oct 1: 191.2

Oct 8: 189.8

Oct-14: 187.2

Oct 22: 185!!!

Oct 29: 182.6 :):):)

Overall: 8.6 pounds gone in one month!
  • Lozzy_82
    Lozzy_82 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    1st Oct: 144.8
    8th Oct: 142.4
    15th Oct: 142.0
    22nd Oct: 138.9
    29th Oct: 137.3

TOTAL LOSS: 7.5lbs

Very pleased with that actually.

I'm cheating a bit by taking today's result as my official final weigh-in, because I'm going to be partying hard tonight and the scale will definitely be up for a few days afterwards! Should mostly be water weight though :)

Looking forward to next month guys!
  • lornawalker
    Options
    Down by 1.4lbs

Oct 1st - 146 lbs
    Oct 8th - 144.6 lbs
    Oct 15th - 143.6lbs
    Oct 22nd - 143.8lbs
    Oct 29th - 142.6lbs

Total loss 3.6lbs couldn't make the 5lbs but I'm still happy that I've lost what I have, it's all in the right direction
  • duramater27
    duramater27 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Just lost 5 in Sept, but Oct will be much harder.
    Sept 1 = 132.8
    Oct 1 = 127.8
    Oct 8 = 127.4 (yup, October is harder!)
    Oct 15 = 127.2 (Captain Incremental is clearly in charge)
    Oct 22 = 125.8 (it's been a very rough month, so I'm happy with 2lbs thus far)
    Oct 29 = 126.8 (ugh. well, pure muscle no doubt!)
    Nov 1 = ????
  • 1grammie
    1grammie Posts: 163
    Options
    Oct 1-147
    Oct 8-144
    Oct 15-144
    Oct 22-144
    Oct 29-142

Super happy with my 5 lbs lost. Last week was thinking I wouldn't make it. This challenge kept me on track and helped me to not give up.