How much will this plan help me?

Options
I'm going to attend body combat classes 4 times a week for 60 minutes a time. I don't have a heart rate monitor yet so I have no idea how many calories i'll be burning.

Will this have much of an impact on weight loss as opposed to being a sedentary couch potato but still dieting?

I know it will affect my fitness levels, but i'm talking purely about weight loss. It just feels like you have to do so much work just to lose a tiny bit of weight. I'm worried that it won't give me the results I hope and will de-motivate me, leading to the conclusion that dieting on it's own is the best way. :explode:

Replies

• h3h8m3
    h3h8m3 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    My guess is that you're going to get an awesome workout on those nights. If you are going full speed in the classes you will probably burn 600-1200 calories a night. That'd be 2400-4800 calories a week, which is about a pound a week of weight loss.

As you suggest, working out is really more for health than for losing weight, but it can definitely help.
  • crittytn
    Options
    If it's something that will get you moving that you enjoy, then do it. You'll definitely see results, as long as you continue to monitor your eating. And after you get moving around, you may then be more inclined to look at other exercises and things you can do to mix it up and get even further results.

You'll definitely find exercise PLUS monitoring your caloric intake of a well-rounded diet will provide the best results hands down any day of the week.
  • tangal88
    Options
    please also take body measurements regularly.

Scale weight can be a VERY VERY inaccurate indicator of fat loss, muscle gain, body changes. Especially when making diet changes, or changing workout program

This last month I lost one pound, but I also lost two inches on my waist, and one on my hips, and look leaner, and more cut in muscle definition. So if I only used the scale weight - I would be very disappointed.

You can log your workout under cardo, and then the list the minutes per class. You may need to go with aerobic intense, or circuit training.