I need of low calorie veggie dip ideas

Options
I need to eat more raw veggies as I've been a slacker and been eating processed foods lately. I can tell as my weight loss has slowed drastically. SO... I need a little something for the green veggies to cover up the earthy flavor.

I like to keep my snack calories at no more than 100 calories, so with veggies at around 25 calories, I need a dip around 75 calories, for around 3 or 4 tablespoons (1/4 cup). Throw me some ideas.

FYI: I got bored with the dill flavored fat free sour cream. I love garlic/onions and spinach dips.

Replies

• heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    1 tub of fat-free sour cream + 1 packet of Club House Ranch dip = 12 cals a tbsp!
  • cNhobbes
    cNhobbes Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    hummus!!!
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    try some humas
  • tikikris
    tikikris Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    pico de gallo or picante sauce
  • pinstripepirate
    pinstripepirate Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Try getting some light or fat-free salad dressing (ranch, thousand island, etc.). Salsa is also good. There is this one brand, Desert Pepper Trading Company, that makes a black bean dip that's 25 calories for 2 tablespoons, I'm a big fan of that. And this may be weird... but I tried eating spicy brown mustard on raw green bell peppers, and I really liked that. Mustard is very low cal!
  • LaurieEReid
    Options
    Start with fat free Greek yogurt and add your flavourings.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Hummus!

Also, salsa is great but many brands are loaded with sodium. 505 is one brand (they carry it at walmart) that doesn't have a lot of sodium if you get the green chili sauce, which is yummy.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    Pico de gallo is great. Flavorful and only 10 calories per serving.
  • JoLeeFA
    JoLeeFA Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    hummus!!!

/\/\/\/\/\ That, comes in a variety of flavors, but my fav is red pepper!

I have also done pureed avocado with some lime juice - healthy fats in avocado!!
  • quietlywinning
    quietlywinning Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    Run fat free cottage cheese through the blender with a dry onion or vegetable soup mix. Refrigerate for an hour or so to let the dry veggies soften and the flavors blend, and you have a yummy dip. Dill also works well with the pureed cottage cheese, and I would think any herb combination you want to try would work, too.
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt with lemon lime or even orange juice.
    Peanut butter
    Hummas
    Pickling them in red, white or wine vinegar. IE: Beets, cauliflower, onions, etc.
    Fat free yougurt, cottage cheese, or sour cream with spices in it.
    Plain lemon or lime juice
  • perishable
    perishable Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    i 2nd, 3rd, 4th the hummus! and baba ganoush (eggplant dip)