Do you name your car?

Options

Replies

• california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    I have never bother to name my cars, but I have two small children who insist that the cars each have a name. My old VW Passat Station Wagon was simply called Silly Boy Carrier. As I have two sons I felt this name was more descriptive than anything else, but they insisted it was a proper name.

Our minivan is called Nadian....Let me explain. Nadian is the boy version of Nadia. This is according to my 6-yr old. My husbands Toyota Camry is called Tasha and our Jaguar is Jacqueline.
  • sovannac
    sovannac Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I named my first car a Corolla, Joey - after Joey from Friends. "HOW YOU DOIN???"

My second car, Hyundai Tucson, is Sami - named after my favorite hockey player. :)
  • emilyajones
    Options
    I drive a fiat panda, and my friends named it pandy aha!
  • heidiberr
    heidiberr Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    My first car was a hand-me-down from my mom--a 02 Chevy Malibu, bronze-it was the Batmobile to my mom, but to me it was Josephine.

My new car is an orange Dodge Nitro---and it's the Great Pumpkin (on a related note, the sunroof is named Charlie Brown)
  • BFitzie
    BFitzie Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Oh yes, I name them all. My current car is an '03 Sunlit Copper Murano. She's my alter ego so I call her Lola.
    I don't know how I'll ever replace her!
  • MrsFarrow
    MrsFarrow Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    The amount of non-american cars on here is amazing..#justsayin.
    I prefer my cars japanese. #justsayin

I drive a 2006 Suzuki Forenza. Got it brand new, first new car. I love him. He's got limited edition paint, black with rainbow shimmer. Debadged, blacked out rims, blacked out everything. Love it. His name is Constantine :)
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    My first car's name was Mephistopheles. It was black with a red interior and broke down the first time I drove it more than 15 minutes. I don't think it appreciated the name, as it gave me a lot of problems.

Then I got a white Neon and named it Johnny. He got totaled while parked on the side of the road :cry:
  • angela828
    angela828 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    omg I love naming cars

my very first car was a saturn sl2 (i think) named Tucker Todd
    then my 2nd car was dodge stratus (snl anyone?) named Warren
    and then my latest car is a sparkly saturn ion named Ella Enchanted, but Ella for short :)
  • VelvetKey
    VelvetKey Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Ever since I had a car to call my own!

Gunther was my 1995 wine-colored Buick Regal; I wanted a name for a crusty older uncle type, since he was 10+ years old when I got him...my brother came up with the name.

Gunther was sold to a college kid friend of mine who desperately needed a car for nursing clinicals--she paid $1 for him, and I still have the money in his auto folder.

Just before that, my father was car-shopping for a newer model to replace him (this was last November) and found a 2005 powder blue Ford Taurus SL with 37K miles. I wanted a related name for her (yes, she was a her), and I looked for other German names that seemed right. (Stella, unfortunately, is not German...which was my first choice.)

Lo and behold, after a lot of debate, the name Freja emerged as the winner. (Also a Norse goddess, so not a bad name to have!)

Hopefully Freja will be around for quite awhile...
  • adk88
    adk88 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I drive a Mitsubishi Lancer and his name is Bruce. He's named after the shark in Finding Nemo, because the front of the Lancers somewhat remind me of a shark. :)
  • Huskeryogi
    Huskeryogi Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I don't but I should start calling my car Oscar. He's grouchy cause I treat him like a trash can.
  • dieseljay74
    Options
    My buds named my big red dodge truck....Cliffford
  • hannydee
    Options
    Current car: VW Fox. Freidrich Fox. Freddy for short. :D

Previous car: Renault Clio. His name was Clive. He died a horrible and untimely death, bless.

I've never had a female car, for some reason.
  • SlimSadieG
    SlimSadieG Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    My last car was a bright green Vauxhall (Saturn?!) Corsa and she was called Suzy Snot.

I now have a black Vauxhall Astra and he is called Arnold. Or Arnie for short...
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    I name the GPS system -- mine is Brunhilda and my husband's is Sheila. Sheila is much better at directions than Brunhilda. For some reason Brunhilda concentrates all efforts on avoiding left turns.
  • Namaste1983
    Namaste1983 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    MY CAR IS SOPHIA
    SHE IS BEAUTIFUL, DARK BLUE WITH EURO LIGHTS (I CALL THEM CAT EYES)
    I NAMED HER SOPHIA BECAUSE SOPHIA LOREN IS A SUPER SEXY ITALLIAN AND I AM ITALLIAN WITH SLINKY CAT EYES TOO. SO I'M THE MOMMY AND SHE IS MY PRETTY LITTLE SOPHIA :)
  • PandaPop87
    Options
    I had a Fiat Sciecento called Bella, a Rover 25 called Edward and we now have a Renault Megane Estate called Uley (he's black and a toughie). In case you hadn't guessed, I like twilight :p x
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    I do. I currently own Tessa the Tahoe. We've also had a Rhonda the Honda. :)
  • Pidders89
    Pidders89 Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    yup ive had Katie the Ford KA and now i have Sooz the Suzuki Swift :D
    xxxx
  • LisaKyle11
    LisaKyle11 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    No.