Anyone close to 50 or over 50 seeing fab results? Send my wa

Options
2»

Replies

• ReneeJM
    ReneeJM Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I am 59. I lost 7 lbs before joining MFP. I have lost a total of 18 lbs so far. I never thought I could lose but I was doing it all wrong. I love the friends on here but the real key is logging everything. She can do it!
  • SHIRLEYW02
    Options
    hello- I have been on mfp since feb 2011-I always had in my mind I couldn't lose weight ! wrong! I am proud to say that I have lost 32 pds. 45 pds to go ! you have to get your mind set you are doing this for you ! I know I will reach my goal. Its not easy You need be very focus on your goals , meals , exercise. I try exercise for 1 hour Monday thru Friday. I i miss my going to gym I MAKE UP ON WKENDS.
    Please add me to ur friends. I sure still use motivetion from friends on mfp. best to you . shirley
  • Kaimana94
    Kaimana94 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    49 and have lose 20 pounds in two months. She has to really want it, if not she will always find an excuse
  • polkataniec
    Options
    bump
  • acsrn_93
    acsrn_93 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am 46 and have lost 68 lbs since March of this year. Starting out I was eating about 1800 cal but now I am at 1300 a day. It can be done no matter what your age but it takes time and hard work! Tell her to stay with it!
  • Barteby
    Options
    My God, that's awesome. Life must be great when you can tuck your shirt in again. I'll be there again someday. BTW, I'm new. How do you get that graphic that says how many pounds you've lost.
  • MissMaggie3
    MissMaggie3 Posts: 2,464 Member
    Options
    My God, that's awesome. Life must be great when you can tuck your shirt in again. I'll be there again someday. BTW, I'm new. How do you get that graphic that says how many pounds you've lost.

Q. Where can I create a weight loss ticker?

A. Click on the "Tools" tab, then click on the "Tickers" link in the light blue bar below the tabs. That will take you to the section of the site where you can create your ticker.
  • nehushtan
    nehushtan Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I'm 47, will be 48 next month.... see profile pix for the difference. But I'm really here to report on my parents... Dad's 72 and he has lost 50 lbs. Mom is 68 and she has lost 30. Both have been green-lighted to drop off medications for blood sugar, blood pressure, cholesterol, etc.
  • crazylizz
    crazylizz Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Puggleperson,

Thank you so very much for this post. I like your mom am 51 and working with a trainer and not eating much and not losing weight.
    I saw on another post an idea of zig zagging calories or calorie cycling and I am going to try this. I do believe you can eat too few calories and not lose weight. We will see if this helps, but I am hopeful.

Your post helped me see I am not alone. Good luck to you and your mother!
  • TexasNana41
    TexasNana41 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I'm 57 years old. I lost 15 pounds from January to the end of June and then started MFP and have lost another 25 since then. So a total of 40 pounds. My main source of exercise right now is walking. I eat 1200 calories a day plus most or all of my exercise calories. She can do it!
  • Jewels211
    Jewels211 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Someone shared this link the other day. Not all of these people are 50 or over, but some are, and they are all at least over 40.
    http://fitbie.msn.com/slideshow/we-lost-weight-after-age-40

As to calories, I think that will depend on your mom's current weight, and how much she's trying to lose per week. I eat around 1400 or so per day, but I have just under 100 lbs to lose (I'm down 16 lbs, 9 of them since I started here @ MFP about 3 weeks ago) and I'm aiming at 1.5 lb/wk or so. Oh, and I'm 50.
  • AmyPearshape
    AmyPearshape Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm 51 and have lost about 12 pounds in two months on mfp, and about 8 pounds in the six months before that. So twenty total. I have a graph and I can see that while my weight loss was slow, and bounced up and down before mfp, now it is a steady drop of a pound a week or a little more. When I workout, I eat my calories but not all of them every time. I let my hunger guide that part of it. But with no exercise, I get 1240 calories a day. It hasn't been that hard for me. I have a small breakfast, a small lunch, a 3 pm healthy snack, and a pretty good supper (500-700 cals). You could help your mom do the calculations on mfp, and then she could just write her calories down instead of logging in. I wish her well! She can do it!
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,372 Member
    Options
    I am 50 and been on mfp for almost 2 most. I have lost 24 pounds so far.I lost 125 pounds 6 years ago but gained 60 of it back. So I have almost lost half of it. Its been harder this time but it can be done. Its one pound at a time. If she wants to befriend me she is more then welcome. good luck to her! :smile:
  • czechsmate
    czechsmate Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    I am 50 ...started on MFP just two weeks ago and have lost 4 lbs so far! Its a good start and I am so motivated to keep up with my new life changes for a healthy, fit, toned new me!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!