Funny names of stores

Options
I sometimes call Wal-Mart Wal-Fart or The Stupid Center lol. Reason- Just cause :)

What about you

Replies

• AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Kmart = came apart

Neiman Marcus = needless markup
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I call WalMart "Wally World".
  • Moofey
    Moofey Posts: 444
    Options
    I call WalMart "Wally World".
    Me too haha
  • jonikeffer
    jonikeffer Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Anyone from PA remember the "WaWa"? Seriously, that's what it's called. I think it's more of a convenience store/7-11 type deal than a grocery store, but the grocery is "Giant Eagle". Really?? What a weird name for a grocery store!
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    Anyone from PA remember the "WaWa"? Seriously, that's what it's called. I think it's more of a convenience store/7-11 type deal than a grocery store, but the grocery is "Giant Eagle". Really?? What a weird name for a grocery store!

I grew up in PA...I miss the WaWa...fresh soft pretzels...porkroll & cheese breakfast sandwiches...and now I'm drooling & ravenously hungry...curse you WaWa!

In regards to the topic @ hand...it's not a store, but I refer to FedEx as F***Ups & UPS as "Oops"...
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    tar-jay

pube-lix
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    The Piggly Wiggly...lol :laugh: Only found in Georgia and South Carolina.
  • ABetterBalance
    Options
    The Piggly Wiggly...lol laugh Only found in Georgia and South Carolina.

Also in Mississippi. :happy: My kids get a kick out of calling it Wiggly Piggly instead.

A lot of my mother's family is in NJ and PA so I've been to WaWa a few times- never did figure out the name on that one!

My husband tends to refer to all the Mexican restaurants in town by the English translation of their name. His favorite one is El Norte (The North- or is it just North? Can't remember!)
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    there used to be a gas station called in and out
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    The Piggly Wiggly...lol :laugh: Only found in Georgia and South Carolina.

we have them here in alabama
  • SCBrennan999
    SCBrennan999 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    We have a convenient store called "Stop and Go", and we always call it "Stop and Rob" or "Stop and Ho". We also have a "Priceless" that we call "Pricemore".

And of course, we have "Wally World" and "Mickey D's" and "Tar-jay"; all of the standard chain names, lol. =]
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    I call Wal-Mart "The Evil Empire"

Target "TarJay Boutique"
  • _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    Options
    I go to a chinese restuarant called Big Tang
  • scoutsbear
    Options
    I've ran across a gas station chain called Kum-N-Go. I hope their customers don't leave feeling used and unfulfilled...
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    There's a restaurant in Rehoboth Beach, DE called Crabby D*ck's
  • Aj1214
    Aj1214 Posts: 120
    Options
    I've ran across a gas station chain called Kum-N-Go. I hope their customers don't leave feeling used and unfulfilled...

we stopped there en route to Tulsa. We were severely confused. Also, those employees at that store didn't look like they'd ever "go."
  • mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Here's a little ditty, we sang in HS...and college, and yesterday. ;)

Wal-Mart Wal-Mart
    It's our store
    We shop there because we're poor!!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    There is a chain of shops in my state selling bed linen and house stuff that used to be called Holy Sheet. They've changed their name now.
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options

we stopped there en route to Tulsa. We were severely confused. Also, those employees at that store didn't look like they'd ever "go."

I JUST took a pic of the Kum-n-Go station this weekend. Id never seen it before. I actually did a uturn on the highway to go back and get the pic.
  • Aj1214
    Aj1214 Posts: 120
    Options

I JUST took a pic of the Kum-n-Go station this weekend. Id never seen it before. I actually did a uturn on the highway to go back and get the pic.

Knew I loved ya for a reason.

My band leader was excited, I told him we weren't in europe stopping at brothels.