140 Shorties group!

Options
2»

Replies

• JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    I'm a 43 yr old mom of 3 sons, pre-k teacher to 13 4 yr olds and very happily married for 17 1/2 years.
    Height..................5'2"
    Current weight ...142
    Goal weight ........115
    Measurements...Hips-38.6...waist-32.1....Bust-37
    Fitness goal(s) for October....to keep on with c25k and progress with it!! Tennis, twice a week hopefully, certainly once a week, and strength training.
    Plan to get to your goal....My plan is simple...to stick with my current plan. Weight loss has been slow but steady...Slow and steady wins the race, right? :wink:
  • Collinsky
    Collinsky Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Hi Alicia! Slow and steady is my plan too! How old are your boys?
  • Collinsky
    Options
    What are your plans for the weekend? Tomorrow I'm doing a 5K with my daughters. It's my second one, and their first. (They're 8 1/2 and 7.) We're going to probably do a really easy pace. It's supposed to be day 3 of C25K week 4, so I'm going to try to follow that plan as much as possible, but of course I'm not counting on that since I'm not sure how my girls are going to hold up.

And then Sunday is an active rest day. No real exercise plans, but I'll at least do some yoga.

Good night for now!
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Hi Alicia! Slow and steady is my plan too! How old are your boys?

My sons are 10, 14 and 17. My oldest will be graduating high school in May!! I can't believe it! I am determined to wear a cute summery dress to his graduation! ;)
  • Collinsky
    Options
    I think you can absolutely be at your goal weight by your son's graduation! It's a whole new world when they hit double digits, isn't it? My oldest is 8 1/2 so I'm not quite there yet. (Though she's got some teen attitude sometimes. LOL) I'm still in the toddler-grade school stage.

The 5K today is off. My husband didn't get home in time for us to go (he works nights.) Plus it's raining, so I guess it's all good. I'm having trouble feeling motivated now since that disappointment. :cry:

I need to do something though, since I finished yesterday 450 cals over. It's not a good time to take an unscheduled rest day!

Have a great weekend, ladies!
  • ahadj
    ahadj Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Aw - you must be disappointed about the 5k but try not to let it get to you! There will be plenty more. Seems obvious, but good idea to work out extra to make up for yesterday's extra cals -- I always kinda look at it as a day-by-day thing, but working out today to make up for yesterday is totally legit!
  • summergreen487
    summergreen487 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Hi.

I'm 5'3 and currently 134 pounds. My first goal is to get to 128 and then reassess from there.

I only measure my belly which is at 36 inches.

For October I'm trying to complete the 30 day shred and would like to get down to 132 pounds by Halloween.
  • Collinsky
    Options
    Aw - you must be disappointed about the 5k but try not to let it get to you! There will be plenty more. Seems obvious, but good idea to work out extra to make up for yesterday's extra cals -- I always kinda look at it as a day-by-day thing, but working out today to make up for yesterday is totally legit!

I worked out like crazy yesterday, as much as I could. I tend to look at clumps of days more than a single day - so I'm just going to try to average out well this week.

BTW Your profile pic right now is super cute!! Love it.
  • Collinsky
    Options
    Hi.

I'm 5'3 and currently 134 pounds. My first goal is to get to 128 and then reassess from there.

For October I'm trying to complete the 30 day shred and would like to get down to 132 pounds by Halloween.

Hi summergreen! I finished a round of 30 day shred this summer - I think you'll have no trouble meeting your end of October goal with it!
  • Collinsky
    Options
    I hate to say it, but taking a couple days off actually was really good for me -- I feel much less burned out now than I did yesterday! I was overwhelmed by everything last night! LOL I did my weekly weigh in today, and am finally seeing the scale move down a little again. It's nice to be back on track after gaining weight back and then having it level off for weeks.

Looking forward to doing another intense BodyRock workout tomorrow morning. Hope you all had a great weekend. :drinker:
  • surmont2006
    Options
    Hi.

Hi summergreen! I finished a round of 30 day shred this summer - I think you'll have no trouble meeting your end of October goal with it!

I started 30 day shred too!!! SOOOO sore today...wondering how I will get through the 20 minutes tonight LOL Good Luck!!
  • Collinsky
    Options
    I started 30 day shred too!!! SOOOO sore today...wondering how I will get through the 20 minutes tonight LOL Good Luck!!

That's awesome! I didn't do 7 days a week. I did 5 days a week, with two days off from it. I think if I'd tried to do it every single day, I'd have burned out really fast. Keep at it, though -- push through, and you'll notice in no time that it's easier. When it gets hard, just imagine your stronger, slimmer self in just a few short weeks. You can do this!!