McDonald's...give me some compelling reasons to resist!

Options

Replies

• deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I once heard that if you put McDonalds food in the fridge for a year, it will look exactly the same when you take it out. I'm thinking if mold is smart enough to not eat the stuff. . .
  • angryguy77
    angryguy77 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I cant give a good reason to resist it. It's yummy. Go all cookie monster on the burger...
  • tmiqueen
    tmiqueen Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I can't think of anything right now because I'm dreaming of my lips around a big, fat, juicy.....Big Mac.
  • kjannan
    kjannan Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    It won't keep you full for long& if you've been doing welll with your eating then you may feel crappy afterwards like the others have said.

Ultimately it's up to you, don't feel guilty if you do!
  • kasmir8199
    kasmir8199 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Oooo, think about it this way: Eating McD versus a clean meal is like putting 87 octane gasoline in a Lexus...it'll run, but it you'd really need the 93 octane gasoline to get the horsepower and gas mileage intended for the vehicle. So, McD may not "hurt" you calories-wise, but it will effect your body's performance. :)
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    I can't give a good reason other than that it's full of gluten and that makes me sick, but it doesn't make you sick...so, I'm absolutely no help.
  • Cold_Steel
    Cold_Steel Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Go for other foods like Subway, El Pollo Loco etc...

Even taco shops in California are healthier choices than the chain fast food places... hell even non chain fast food places are better they usually have higher quality ingredients and cook it the way its suppose to be cooked...
  • wadesha
    wadesha Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    When you eat McDonalds you are basically eating this....

06_12_04_fat2.jpg

YES THAT IS A POUND OF FAT.

Even comes in drink form..

b01ce049892421ad8869204bf813c638.jpg

Yeah, well that will just about put me off eating anything....eeeeewwwww

Lol I know right
  • shannon_stallone
    Options
    Its soaked in fat and the fries are dripping with frying oil....Yuck
  • CindiC65
    Options
    McDonald's french fries can lay in your car for months and never get moldy, they only get "hard" after a time. Even fly's in your car will not eat them. hum... is that a good enough reason... I am thinking a big YES to that.
  • Stacera
    Stacera Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    if you have all the calories that you can have McD's why don't you have something awesome and not awesomely yuck!! just b/c you can have junk doesnt mean you should eat it.
  • bodyattack89
    bodyattack89 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Super Size Me is a 2004 American documentary. Spurlock's film follows a 30-day period from February 1 to March 2, 2003 during which he eats only McDonald's food. Spurlock dined at McDonald's restaurants three times per day, eating every item on the chain's menu.

As a result, the then-32-year-old Spurlock gained 24½ lbs. (11.1 kg), a 13% body mass increase, a cholesterol level of 230, and experienced mood swings, sexual dysfunction, and fat accumulation in his liver. It took Spurlock fourteen months to lose the weight gained from his experiment using a vegan diet .

After five days Spurlock has gained 9.5 pounds (4.5 kg). It is not long before he finds himself experiencing depression, and he claims that his bouts of depression, lethargy, and headaches could be relieved by eating a McDonald's meal.

By the end of the month he weighs about 210 pounds (95.5 kg), an increase of about 24.5.

I had it today I felt terrible, I felt terrible after reading what I read never again there's better food out there.

Fast food=Fast waist line.
  • VeganInTraining
    VeganInTraining Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    It doesn't even taste that good. You think you want it, you eat it quickly, and it isn't satisying. You would probably have more fun with a Snicker's bar and get more nut-ritionally from it.

See, i'm more of a salty girl, so Snickers does not sound great. And YOUR openion about how it tastes is not compelling. you are right though, it's generally not satisfying
  • VeganInTraining
    Options
    It doesn't even taste that good. You think you want it, you eat it quickly, and it isn't satisying. You would probably have more fun with a Snicker's bar and get more nut-ritionally from it.

See, i'm more of a salty girl, so Snickers does not sound great. And YOUR openion about how it tastes is not compelling. you are right though, it's generally not satisfying
  • shannon_stallone
    Options
    When you eat McDonalds you are basically eating this....

06_12_04_fat2.jpg

YES THAT IS A POUND OF FAT.

Even comes in drink form..

b01ce049892421ad8869204bf813c638.jpg

EEEWWW!!
  • VeganInTraining
    Options
    McDonald's french fries can lay in your car for months and never get moldy, they only get "hard" after a time. Even fly's in your car will not eat them. hum... is that a good enough reason... I am thinking a big YES to that.

wheat bread does the same thing
  • trybefan
    trybefan Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    I once heard that if you put McDonalds food in the fridge for a year, it will look exactly the same when you take it out. I'm thinking if mold is smart enough to not eat the stuff. . .

If you heard, recently a guy had his 25,000th (or similar) Big Mac. He bought them in bulk and left them in his fridge and microwaved them. Yeah, I would say that's pretty scary.
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    Check out the movie...Super Size Me.
    She was talking about one meal, not having 3 meals a day for 30 days-there's a difference.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I would eat it anyway.

But maybe this will help you: http://www.snack-girl.com/snack/cheeseburger-take-2-day-11/
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Other than it's horribly nasty food. They kill the bacteria in their burgers (and by bacteria I also mean animal waste) with ammonia. That's right. Your burger had an ammonia bath before you ate it. Eating the chicken? The chicken was sitting in a cage where it can't move sitting paralyzed in it's own waste. Does that help? LOL!