Baby Body Blues

Options
I just gave birth to our 3rd and final baby on 07/14/11, I had a beautiful baby girl Adalyn Alexa.....she totally completes our family. At nine months pregnant I weighed in at 160lbs, pre-pregnancy I was 140lbs (overweight before baby), and now post pregnancy I am 139lbs.

You would think that I would be satsified with reaching my pre-pregnancy weight less 1lb but I am NOT. Reality of the matter is that I was overweight pre-pregnancy and I am still over weight post pregnancy. I am very unhappy with my body and appearance. I know am not the first nor will I be the last to have a baby and be unhappy with my post baby body but I have decided it's time for a CHANGE.

I had my first daughter when I was 17, easy pregnancy and no effects on my body what so ever. Pre-pregnancy 103 post pregnancy 105. (and for those of you thinking it yes I was a teen mom, but a totally different story for a different day) I married my husband at 24 had our second baby at 25 pre-pregnancy 123 post pregnancy 129 and then we had had our third baby at 29. So you can see the pounds slowly but surely kept accumilating. I guess I never really focused on my weight or was too determined to lose weight because I knew we wanted another baby and I convinced myself why work hard to lose weight just to gain it back. Now, something just clicked maybe it's because I can't have anymore babies and I feel my efforts will not be offset by a future pregancy. I don't know but I am determined.

With that being said this is my new beginning, to an improved me. All these weightloss gimmics are not for me, I want to be able to make good choices and maintain my weightloss. SO I am approaching weightloss head on with a different dynamic, approaching it with positive strides. NO MORE EXCUSES. "I'm a fulltime mother with a demanding career" is not working anymore, "I don't have enough time, I have three kids one being a newborn" not a good excuse, and "I have to buy fast food because little league practice is not over until 7:30pm" not acceptable. So bye bye baby blues and hello weightloss.

To all the new moms or other moms feeling the same sentiments as I am WE CAN DO IT! Motivation is the key and determination is the power. I will try to keep you guys posted daily with my trials and tribulations because I am sure there will be many. GOOD LUCK TO ALL! Cheers to weightloss success (cheers with a glass of water...lol).

Quote of the Day: "Nothing TASTES as good as THIN feels"~Unknown~

Start Date: 09/26/11

Height: 4"11

Current Weight: 139

Goal Weight: 120