Advantages to being a Single Independent Woman

chocolateandvodka
chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,850 Member
... or man.

just wanted to list the pros to being single and living on my own :P

please add to the list!!!

- i can have cereal for dinner every day if i want to.
- i watch what i want, when i want
- i can go for a drink with someone on a monday night and not come home and no one has to know.
- no stress wondering where they are, what they're doing, etc. (not that i do this anyway)
- no one to judge me if i decide to buy a new pair of shoes instead of whatever they think i should be buying
- if i see someone new every night, who's there to judge?
- my bedtime can be 7pm or 7am and.... who cares?

Replies

• BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,046 Member
    I can drink or smoke in the house anytime I want to.

I can get home anytime I want to............or come home with anyone I want to...or not ocme home at all!.......HA!!

Go to the bar EVERYDAY for booze specials!!!

do what I want with my $$

Travel the world!!

BEING AWESOME!!!!!!!!:bigsmile:
  • and u can look and touch (with the permission of the other person) all you want
  • _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member

I can get home anytime I want to............or come home with anyone I want to...or not ocme home at all!.......HA!!

Travel the world!!

You better not be a single independent woman or I am going to have to take back a few of those compliments!
  • BEERRUNNER

Travel the world!!

DAMN....................Im awesome!!!................come get sum of this MFP Girlies!! I promise to be gentle! hahahahaha :devil:
  • if you dont feel like doing the dinner dishes or the laundry then who cares? you can leave your shoes, books, or anything else you want anywhere you want.
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,252 Member
    Geeting to spend my money on me and spending how I choose.
    Knowing that no one is going to get jealous of all my male friends that I constantly hang with.
    Knowing I can watch my football with no outside opinions on my team
  • lbetancourt
    lbetancourt Posts: 522 Member
    ... or man.

- i can go for a drink with someone on a monday night and not come home and no one has to know.
    - no stress wondering where they are, what they're doing, etc. (not that i do this anyway)
    - no one to judge me if i decide to buy a new pair of shoes instead of whatever they think i should be buying

right on!!!
  • healthy_KT
    healthy_KT Posts: 57 Member
    ... or man.

Not having anything holding you down. If you want to pick up and move across the country then you can just go.
  • I like the fact that I can dance to the beat of my own drum again :)
  • brandalini
    brandalini Posts: 237 Member
    Geeting to spend my money on me and spending how I choose.
    Knowing that no one is going to get jealous of all my male friends that I constantly hang with.
    Knowing I can watch my football with no outside opinions on my team

What's your team??
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,294 Member
    ... or man.

I am married and the only thing you mentioned that I cannot do is "see someone new every night"
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    I get to live my life how I choose without listening to someone try to change me.

And come home to an empty house every day.

And cook for myself all the time.

And eat by myself.

And date.

And do my own laundry all the time.

*kitten*. This got depressing.
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Although I am no longer single here are the pros I enjoyed while single:

- Travel as much as I want, where I wanted to, when I wanted to

- I could play games 24/7

- I could go to college without the extra responsibilities.
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    I can masterbate in the kitchen if I so choose....and I can leave my toys all over.

Perfect example: I left "chubby" on the living room coffee table yesterday. No one said anything :bigsmile:
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,850 Member
    I can masterbate in the kitchen if I so choose....and I can leave my toys all over.

Perfect example: I left "chubby" on the living room coffee table yesterday. No one said anything :bigsmile:

oh this is so true!! i once had a friend show up at my place and we were sitting on the couch and i looked over and realized i had all sorts of toys and lubes just laying out on the coffee table! she's cool though, she just picked one up and started talking about a toy party we had been to lol. i love my friends...
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member

oh this is so true!! i once had a friend show up at my place and we were sitting on the couch and i looked over and realized i had all sorts of toys and lubes just laying out on the coffee table! she's cool though, she just picked one up and started talking about a toy party we had been to lol. i love my friends...

My bff came over...Chubby was laying beside the remotes...I have three lined up in a row. DVD controller, TV controller, A/C controller and Chubby. Neat and organized. She's like "REALLY Morgan...only you." I can't wait to tell her...NOT JUST ME!!!!!!!!
  • KateHubb
    KateHubb Posts: 366 Member
    I'm married but I miss being able to do whatever I wanted whenever I wanted to do it. I would LOVE to just be able to go straight to the gym after work (for however long I freakin want to!), or go home for an hour or so after work, relax, and then leave, but no... doesn't work that way with a husband and kid. Dinner has to be made, chores have to be done, little one has to get fed and bathed, put to sleep, etc. Lately I've just had to wait until after my son is asleep to do any kind of workout and it totally sucks because who wants to be exercising at 10pm... not me. Plus by then I'm totally exhausted but I know it's something that has to be done if I'm going to keep losing weight. Whoops --- this reply unintentionally turned into a mini-rant! :ohwell:
  • BEERRUNNER
    Hell yeah!
  • i like being single because:

I can watch the movies and tv shows i like to watch and dont have to hear no sigh or complain
    I can go to the gym and get good workout and not hear about it doesnt take that long to get a good workout
    I can cook food that taste good to me and not worry about being told it doesnt tast good
    I can take dump in peace!!
    I can have my friends come over and we can talk s*** and not worry about "having to keep it down"
    I can date who i want when i want
    I can sleep with as many women as i want GUILT FREE! :bigsmile: