To eat or not to eat??/

Options
Ok so I have been finding that I'm not getting hungry at lunch time... Should I still eat my lunch or should I wait until I am hungry???

Thanks for your help...

~Stacy~

Replies

• SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    If you arent hungry then I would wait until you are. Just make sure to get your calories in by the end of the day.

ooh, and gimme your lunch then :D
  • Dawners98
    Dawners98 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I would recommend eating at least a little portion if you don't want a whole meal. I think it's much better to stay full and not feel hungry. When hunger hits is when I start acting crazy and wanting things I shouldn't eat!!
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    You should be eating every 3 hours or so. The key is not to let yourself get too hungry, and never eat until you're full. Eating smaller more frequent meals helps your metabolism work more efficiently.
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Ok so I have been finding that I'm not getting hungry at lunch time... Should I still eat my lunch or should I wait until I am hungry???

Thanks for your help...

~Stacy~

Eat.

I never get hungry, but your body will always need nutrients and fuel. I don't eat b/c I'm hungry.
  • tameejean
    tameejean Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Everyone is different, but I don't eat until I'm hungry. The catch-22 is that if you wait too long you'll end up ravenous, which you want to avoid. Maybe just keep a snack handy for when you feel hunger coming on that will hold you over until you are able to eat your lunch.
  • Nictor
    Nictor Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I would say try to eat something, even if it's just a little. If you skip lunch and then feel hungry at 2 pm, do you have the ability to eat? If you don't and you have to wait for dinner, you may be too hungry and then over eat.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    Well, it is said it's good to eat every 4-6 hours for good metabolism. You don't have to eat a full lunch, but snacks never hurt. As long as your eating your calories you shouldn't have to eat at lunchtime. The only reason this may not work is if it throws off your dinner so you eat dinner close to bedtime. It's generally good to let your food digest 3 or more hours before sleep. Sleeping after eating may make the body's metabolism slow down so any food still in your systems undigested goes straight through and gets stored as fat.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    hunger is not the best indication of your body's nutritional requirements. So eat at least some of it because you may need the fuel, even if you don't feel hungry.
  • Sookie_182
    Sookie_182 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    little and often... even if you eat a small bit of your lunch first then finish the rest later! :)
  • killerqueen17
    killerqueen17 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    This happens to me sometimes, and I'll usually wait 30 minutes or so... but if I'm still not hungry at that point, I'll just go ahead and eat it. I tend to get hungry for no reason at the end of the day, even if I've had extra snacks, so I personally try to have lunch as late as I can. That's just me though... whether you wait or not, you should definitely eat it eventually :)
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    You should be eating every 3 hours or so. The key is not to let yourself get too hungry, and never eat until you're full. Eating smaller more frequent meals helps your metabolism work more efficiently.

Completely false.
  • rosemarysimpson
    Options
    not to eat sometimes
  • strohst
    strohst Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    THANKS EVERYONE....
  • missikay1970
    missikay1970 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    i am not an expert, but my advice would be to eat at least a few bites. even if it's literally 2 bites of a sandwich, or an apple. that can be considered lunch, it doesn't have to be a full-on meal. even a slice of cheese and a glass of water would be better than nothing. sometimes i will feel hungry, sit down to eat, take 2 bites and feel full. i stop there, and put the rest away for later. i think more importantly than whether or not to eat is to really be in-tune with our bodies enough to know when we need to eat and when we're eating from habit. because i have a toddler and we home-school, we are on a schedule and eat every day at 11:00 a.m. since i started on this new fitness plan, i have noticed that sometimes i am hungry for lunch at 10:30 a.m. so i eat then. i don't want to wait for 11:00 just because "that's the time we eat." then other times i'm not hungry until noon. i am really trying to be listening to what my body needs.