Hello, my name is Charles, and I am morbidly obese...

Options

Replies

• charlesalvear
    charlesalvear Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hi Charles!! Welcome to MFP! I hate the term "morbidly obese"...makes it seem like we're a freak of nature lol. This site is awesome!! Surround yourself with wonderful, supportive friends... there are some bad apples who like to rain on people's parades... but that's power of the delete friend button :wink:

Best of luck to you on your weight loss journey! Feel free to add me if you wish

Thanks Laney.

I always found 'morbidly obese' interesting, maybe for the shock value of it. "Hey I'm not, fat. I'm morbidly obese sucka!!" heheh. I just always wondered why there isn't a 'morbidly skinny' classification. LOL
  • Mogdragon
    Options
    Welcome Charles! I am also deemed 'morbidly obese' by the BMI calculators! Somehow I don't FEEL morbid! LOL
  • Southernsister
    Southernsister Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Here if you need a friend...best of luck.
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hello, and Welcome to the MFP Forums.
  • charlesalvear
    Options
    I'm with you, brother! I started back in March and I was 350 lbs. I've lost 45 pounds and I'm trying to work through a plateau right now. The friendship on this site helps a great deal. I'll send you a friend request and you can add me if you want.

That's awesome Mike. Congrats on your accomplishments to date. I'm sure you'll get through that wall and breach your plateau.

I accepted your friend request. I appreciate the support!
  • charlesalvear
    Options
    Keep coming back, it works....oh, yeah - not an AA meeting :blushing:

LOL
  • charlesalvear
    Options
    I hate BMI calculators. Welcome to MFP :)

Thanks Snowness. And thanks for the friend request. You're in like Flynn.:)
  • charlesalvear
    Options
    Hiya Charles! Welcome! We can all use as much support as we can get. :smile:

I couldn't agree more. Congrats on your weight loss to date and thanks for being my friend!
  • charlesalvear
    Options
    Welcome! If you're looking for a fun and supportive community, you've found one.

Thanks Kortney. Or is it "Ms. Kortney", if I'm nasty? LOL
  • charlesalvear
    Options
    Hey!

Not sure how you're defining morbidly obese. I've got about 100 pounds to lose, though, so maybe I'm in your league.

Anyway, I'm not in Texas, though I used to live near Lubbock. But I could use some more of a cheering-squad, too, so I'll join up.

Good luck, and keep on going!

I'm just using the term from the BMI calculators. It is what it is. My goal is just to be obese! hahah

I'm absolutely thrilled to have you as a friend WK.
  • charlesalvear
    Options
    I sent you a friend request as well. I have 57 to lose so will be on here for the unforseeable future. Good luck!

Thanks Michelle. Glad to have you as a friend. Looks like we're in here for the long haul. :)
  • sandhillcrane
    Options
    Welcome!! You'll love it here! It makes it so much easier when you surround yourself with like minded people. I also sent you a friend request!
    Best of luck :glasses:
  • balancebean
    balancebean Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Hi Charles, I am a recovering compulsive overeater and former OA member. I have found MFP to be a great tool with tremendous support and motivation. Welcome!:flowerforyou:
  • StarGeezer
    Options
    Hey, welcome to MFP Charles! If you're looking for a great community of like-minded folks for support and encouragement, boy did you find the right place! Been here a few weeks now, and really loving it! The motivation from friends here...all on a common journey...is a great deal of the success of this site. Looking forward to your success, bro! Feel free to add me, I'm always looking to expand my circle of friends. :)
  • symba67
    symba67 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Welcome Charles...lots of support here. One day at a time...oh yeah, not an AA meeting. It's still the best way to accomplish any goal that must be taken in small steps. Best of Luck!!!
  • ameesqt
    Options
    Sent a friend request. Just realized I need to update my profile so I dont look like a creeper!
  • cararq
    cararq Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Ha! Funny post. Welcome. I'm new too (six day so far), so I'm sending a friend request. Keeping each other on track will be our success I think. :smile:
  • tamiharris40
    Options
    Hello Charles,

We are starting this journey together.

Tami
  • markyswife
    Options
    Also from Texas and have 110 pounds to get rid of. Feel free to add me. Looking for new friends.
  • cloneme_losehalf
    cloneme_losehalf Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Morbidly obese....ugh!!! I despise that term. That is why I am here to get out of that "catagory"! Welcome to MFP!! I too am here for a LONG journey looking for fun, friendly people to help pass the time whether it be the motivation, the kind words that shun off the negative thoughts, a laugh, a good recipe, whatever!!! If you would like feel free to add me.