85lbs down...but only one size...very dissapointing...

Options
im so frustrated with my body that im about to go crazy!

ive lost 85lbs and over 50 inches off my body but im only down one size...what the heck is up with that???

Replies

• SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Did you shop at the same store?
  • Aussie4870
    Options
    pretty much...i usually shop at Ross since the clothes are cheap and they have plus sizes...
  • hazelmae123
    hazelmae123 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I would suggest focussing on accomplishments instead of setting expectations that may make you feel disappointed. 85lbs is a huge accomplishment. That is literally the size of another person that you body no longer has to support! I would not be so disappointed on the size thing. From what i know of sizing and especially in the large sizes, the clothing manufacturers actually have different standards in large sizes. This is true. Many clothing manufacturers don't get into making large size clothing because it is a totally different ratio that is used in cutting than in average size clothing. From my experience ranging from a 4 to an 18, as the sizes get larger, they get very "fits most" people. There is much less tailoring in them. This wil not be the case as you approach smaller sizes. The sizes will change quickly as a mere ten pounds can put you in a completely different size. Even in the average sizing I usually can wear three different sizes at the same time depending on the manufacturer. So use size as just a guideline and not a goal. What used to be an 8 is a completely different size than an 8 today, because of vanity sizing, so it really means nothing. What matters, is health and overall weight removal. 85 lbs is nothing to dismiss...that's an awesome accomplishment.
  • jgic2009
    jgic2009 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Try not to worry about the clothing size--you should be proud of your accomplishments!
  • kaetmarie
    kaetmarie Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    85 pounds is amazing! I agree that it would be frustrating to only be down one size, but I think that you should feel great about your accomplishment and keep on going! Congrats :) We're all here to support you!
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Options
    Great job! I don't see how that can be possible, maybe shop around a little.
  • amoffatt
    amoffatt Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Try not to worry about the clothing size--you should be proud of your accomplishments!

I agree. So many people are more worried about the size of their jeans for it to say size 5 rather than the weight is off and how they look overall. The commercial that inspires me is the one that talks about looking at into fitting into jeans the size "SASSY" Great job on the weight loss!
  • Aussie4870
    Options
    thanks for your answers and i do understand what everyone is saying with the whole dont focus on your clothing size...but its hard not to...

with so much weight to loose i guess i shouldnt be surprised...and the fact that i carry it all in my mid section and bust probably has something to do with it since that is where the variations in most clothing sizes are...

ill stick with it...im going to try and focus on the fact that once i get to my goal of 150lbs there is no possible way that ill still be wearing a clothing size with a "2" in the front...