Alcohol choices

Options
Hiya friends :flowerforyou:

So I have a work function coming up with an open bar :drinker: :heart: :drinker: :heart: :drinker: :heart: :drinker:

Anywho, I of course want to stay on track and choose the best to do that.

Would anyone know my best options for alcoholic drinks? I heard red wine is good.. or maybe low carb beer? I am not all that picky.. but realize mixing drinks can contain alot of calories...

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Have a great Tuesday :flowerforyou:

Replies

• siriusciel
    siriusciel Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Hiya friends :flowerforyou:

So I have a work function coming up with an open bar :drinker: :heart: :drinker: :heart: :drinker: :heart: :drinker:

Anywho, I of course want to stay on track and choose the best to do that.

Would anyone know my best options for alcoholic drinks? I heard red wine is good.. or maybe low carb beer? I am not all that picky.. but realize mixing drinks can contain alot of calories...

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Have a great Tuesday :flowerforyou:
  • MarisaT857
    Options
    I've had vodka and diet tonic which is great. Not sure too many bars carry diet tonic though.

Vodka on the rocks is good since it doesn't have sugar in it.
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    Rum and Diet Coke? That's usually my drink of choice. Just don't forget to drink some water too so that you don't get dehydrated.:drinker:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Open bar?????? crush.gif

I'll come with you to make sure you make the right choices. :bigsmile: Nope, no need to thank me. I'm a giver...I give....that's what I do. :bigsmile:

(Your clear alcohols are lowest in calories.) :wink:
  • hdtoolgirl
    hdtoolgirl Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    A glass of red wine has 120 Calories.. That would be my pick and it has antioxidents!
  • DjBliss05
    DjBliss05 Posts: 682
    Options
    All of the above.

:drinker:

:laugh:
  • swtally80
    swtally80 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    ARG ALCOHOL~~~~ its the diet killer. hard alcohol and diet anything.... no juice or sweet drinks... red wine... ya light beer? if you can stomach it. lol.
  • stationsweetheart
    Options
    I like vodka with club soda and lime. Also, you can ask for a splash of your favorite juice to give it a new flavor!
  • paulamma1
    paulamma1 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    What do you usually drink?

If wine, stick to that. If hard liquor, stick to that and mix it with a diet mixer.

If all of the above, YOU'RE A WOMAN AFTER MY OWN HEART!!!

Do it moderately and count the calories, just enjoy! :drinker: :drinker:
  • yellow_pepper
    yellow_pepper Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Something that you'll drink slowly. Perhaps because you don't like it very much. :laugh:
  • byeuboy
    byeuboy Posts: 25
    Options
    Captain Morgan only has 60 calories per ounce. I usually have 1 or 2 a week just to unwind after a hard day. 2 ounces in a cocktail glass with some diet coke and ice and I have the perfect end of day 120 calorie relaxer. As always, watch your intake and add the calories to your daily amount consumed.
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Rum & Diet, or a glass of wine

(or a nice big MARGARITA!!!!!) :drinker: :heart: :drinker:
  • kolbif
    kolbif Posts: 83
    Options
    I think that a light white wine is better than red wine as far as calories. I read somewhere that the lower the alcohol content in wine, the lower the calories. But don't quote me! :happy:
  • finzup
    finzup Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    1 shot of liquor (i.e. vodka/gin/whiskey) = 1 3.5 ounce glass of wine = 1 12oz beer (approximately)

When trying to limit alcohol consumption try to:

- drink 1 or 2 glasses of water in between each drink
    - drink slowly
    - avoid high calorie mixers (margarita mix, coke, sprite)
    - avoid frozen drinks

Suggestions:

Vodka and soda water with a lime or lemon
    Flavored vodka (i.e. vanilla) with soda water
    Red wine
    Rum & diet coke with a lime or lemon

Have a good itme at the wedding!